Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First observations on AP1 -

- No improvement in audio app that I noticed - USB still doesn't work right. I do think that is intended for the next big release.
- AP road display seems to better reflect actual road curvature and seems to display cars ahead with a much greater forward distance. It may be that the radar algorithm is better or simply that the display now shows more of what it actually sees ahead.
- The warning light display at start-up seemed a bit different. The tire pressure light flashed for longer and is one of the last lights to go out. It was different enough that I thought it might be trying to tell me something about tire pressure so I checked the tire pressure which turned out to be fine.
- My driver side window was misbehaving but now works correctly after the release (full up / full down click was not working). I think this is most likely due to re-booting than anything associated with the release.

Reactions: Peteybabes
Slightly off topic maybe, but I am wondering if this new Kernel will enable iPhone play over USB, or is Elon not letting that happen on purpose? I know I can use Bluetooth but I would prefer to use the touchscreen to navigate my music library.

I am on vacation in Greece this week and even the super low end Nissan Micra I rented plays iPhone over USB. Seems pretty standard these days.

Just completed 180 miles of driving on very familiar highway route with both clear sailing and stop and go.

The good things -
- Lane change is much more responsive and smooth. It now goes when you tell it to go and it handles tight following distances well after the change - without the sudden slow down.
- As someone else noted - it is much smoother on rapid stopping as it seems to have more effective forward awareness
- Everything functioned at least as well as it used to - I was worried about regression problems.

The bad -

- It still tries to take certain exits
- It still slows dramatically under certain low overpasses

Got it on my AP1 85D. With this update (and the update before that) the only thing I'm seeing is that the tire pressure warning sign stays on much longer when turning on the car at first.

To me the forward awareness is still awful and I am sure my car would just plow into other cars stopped at red lights (coming from a distance) about 50% of the time on AP. I really try to give it as much time as possible to do something about it, but obviously I'm not gonna let it have a chance to fail just to test if it will...

Got it on my AP1 85D. With this update (and the update before that) the only thing I'm seeing is that the tire pressure warning sign stays on much longer when turning on the car at first.

To me the forward awareness is still awful and I am sure my car would just plow into other cars stopped at red lights (coming from a distance) about 50% of the time on AP. I really try to give it as much time as possible to do something about it, but obviously I'm not gonna let it have a chance to fail just to test if it will...

I'm assuming forward awareness only got better for AP 2.0 since it has an improved range on the radar.

I got confirmation today from service that the last 3 updates are indeed capable of training and learning... . which I thought was interesting.

By the way, the video of the dude hanging out of the car.... ughhhhhhhh woowwwwww ..... there went my assumptions about people who drive tesla's not being as likely to engage in acts of douchebaggery

I also see the tire pressure warning light flash a few times on startup since 17.24.30. Good to see it's a minor bug and not a failing sensor.

When stopping for cars at red lights I notice that my AP1 does a great job when the car in front of me is slowing to a stop, not so great if said car is already stopped.

I got confirmation today from service that the last 3 updates are indeed capable of training and learning... . which I thought was interesting.

By the way, the video of the dude hanging out of the car.... ughhhhhhhh woowwwwww ..... there went my assumptions about people who drive tesla's not being as likely to engage in acts of douchebaggery
Thanks the info. Since I got 17.24.30, autopilot does indeed improve everyday.

Right now, when there is a car cut into my lane, my car is smart enough to smoothly slow down instead of slaming the brake. The suddent stop seems to go away with one exception (see below).

There are several issues still outstanding:

1) when using auto lane change, my car slows down immediately right after completing the merge even if there was no car in front of me. This is dangerous. Many times I saw the car behind me had to slam their brake. Until they fix it, I won't use this feature anymore

2) auto park is still almost useless because it is very difficult to trigger. 80% of the time it is not available even if I drive less than 15 mph. But when it is available, it works very well

3) local drive on a windy road without clear mark is just too stressful. The car hesitates and suddent slows down or stops quite often on curvely turns when it mistakenly thinks the parked cars on the side are obstacles

Because I have proper expectation, the issues don't bother me. I just don't use the feature in those situations. I can still enjoy autopilot 95% of the time

I noticed a glitch last night when I transitioned from a 45MPH road section down to a 35MPH section. The car stayed at 50MPH instead of dropping down to 40MPH, and you can see that i was able to raise the speed to the highest level in the video below: