Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way, I think the bullying of @oktane on this thread is really reprehensible.

I don't think Tesla went through such great lengths to DEFRAUD you when you purchased AP1.

I agree with you Tangible, it's not appropriate to attack someone here because of his point of view.

That said, oktane likes to be very dramatic and caustic. This doesn't tend to bring out the best in people.

Both sides should cool it. Discuss the issues without being deliberately inflammatory.

Reactions: bhzmark
Does anyone know if lane departure warning is working? I can't seem to get it to work. On my AP1 car the steering wheel vibration was very noticable. It isn't happening on my AP2 car.

I don't suppose you turned it off? There's a control for that on the touchscreen.

I turned mine off, because there are a couple of spots on my route to work where the lines are painted in a silly place (everyone drives over them), and I got tired of the nags.

I haven't seen any mention of the new Easter Egg - or rather a new menu for the existing Easter Eggs. To access:
  • Double-tap the "T" on the vehicle's center screen
  • Press and hold on the gripper pattern at the center of the top edge of the "About your Tesla" window
  • Drag down the gripper to reveal fireworks animation
  • Move your finger around the animation to reveal a trail of sparkly magic
  • Tap the revealed icons to access the corresponding Easter Egg

Video here
It's not being discussed because it came out over two months ago. If you search back in other release threads, you can see many discussing it in early May and maybe even before then.

Yeah, it's really weak for me, but it's there. Totally unnoticeable unless you're looking for it.
I wonder if they weakened it in AP2 cars? I honestly kindof feel like something MIGHT be there (like, did I feel something?) but on my 2016 AP1 car it was far more noticable. Also, maybe it's possible in AP2 it's detecting the lane later, so I'm actually going over the markers when the warning is happening, vs before i go over the line, thus confusing what I'm actually feeling.

Just got 17.26.76. Notes included.
Hadn't had an update since 17.17.4. Nice to catch up finally. '16 MS 75D with HW2.
Just got 17.26.76. Notes included.
Hadn't had an update since 17.17.4. Nice to catch up finally. '16 MS 75D with HW2.
I just got updated to 17.26.76 this morning. Tried out the autopilot on the way in to work. It was actually worse than 17.17.4: constant adjustment to the steering wheel. Had to turn it off.

• Informative
Reactions: oktane
Now that I've commuted a few times, I would agree that stop-and-go behavior is arguably worse than 17.17.4. Issues I see:

- Sometimes when moving slowly near an overpass (or for no reason), the car will slam on its brakes for a split second. Only seems to happen at low speeds, I've never had high speed overpass braking on this build.
- I have no idea how the heck it's deciding on following distance. Sometimes it tailgates the car in front, other times it leaves a 5-car gap for no apparent reason.
- Approaching stopped cars is a total gamble. Last night I had it stop pretty suddenly 5+ car distances away, and then literally inch up to the car by accelerating for 1 inch, slamming on the brakes, and repeating that. Got a bunch of weird looks as I let the car do that for fun.

It's a huge improvement on the freeways during highway speed driving, following many curves that it used to consistently drift out of the lane on. "Silky Smooth" would not be how I describe this and I would be mortally ashamed to put something like this on my resume if I got fired by the CEO.

I agree with you Tangible, it's not appropriate to attack someone here because of his point of view.
Both sides should cool it. Discuss the issues without being deliberately inflammatory.

Thanks, Doug. There are so few places on the internet where civility reigns. This forum is a precious resource for me, and I would hate to see it devolve into just another name-calling opportunity.

Tesla has evolved rapidly, and so has its customer base. It reminds me a bit of the mythical Old West, with the pioneers and cattlemen versus the town folk and farmers. (See "Lonesome Dove", "Oklahoma", etc.) Fortunately, we're not in competition with each other, so the epithets (fanboy, whiner) need not fly.

- Approaching stopped cars is a total gamble. Last night I had it stop pretty suddenly 5+ car distances away, and then literally inch up to the car by accelerating for 1 inch, slamming on the brakes, and repeating that. Got a bunch of weird looks as I let the car do that for fun.

Not looking forward to stop-n-go after that. Thanks. Thinking of putting a "WTF Tesla?" sticker on the voice feedback button.

his is exac
Now that I've commuted a few times, I would agree that stop-and-go behavior is arguably worse than 17.17.4. Issues I see:

- Sometimes when moving slowly near an overpass (or for no reason), the car will slam on its brakes for a split second. Only seems to happen at low speeds, I've never had high speed overpass braking on this build.
- I have no idea how the heck it's deciding on following distance. Sometimes it tailgates the car in front, other times it leaves a 5-car gap for no apparent reason.

It's a huge improvement on the freeways during highway speed driving, following many curves that it used to consistently drift out of the lane on. "Silky Smooth" would not be how I describe this and I would be mortally ashamed to put something like this on my resume if I got fired by the CEO.

This is exactly what's happening to me on 17.26.76. These issues and my with perpendicular parking in the middle of the street.

On a slow overpass (87 to 101N in traffic), my car now edges closer and closer to the concrete barrier. Driver's side wheel is on the right side of the lane marker, and proximity indicators are both solid orange.

At first I was like "nice! giving motorcycle lane splitters space!", until it started slamming (slamming!) on the brakes for every little bush growing in the concrete cracks.

I now have to turn on autopilot for this particular stretch of highway.