TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Peteybabes, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

#1 Peteybabes, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Hello All,

I received this email from TeslaFi.com yesterday afternoon:

"Software version 17.32.41 was just detected on a Tesla model S85D with Autopilot hardware. The highest previous version was 17.28.27. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."

I guess us AP1.0 owners have something new to look forward to...?

Anybody know if AP2.0 cars are getting this up date or something else?

2. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

I am worried. My AP1 car drives just great. I don't need an update. I don't believe there is anything to fix or upgrade in AP1. Leave me alone.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

Yep, I'm happy where I am. Unless there's some killer new feature, I'm not taking the chance of updating probably ever again.

4. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I suspect 17.32.41 is just the base version of the 2017.32 release that's trickling out. TeslaFi seems to only send out notifications when it detects a traditional version (which only lasts for a minute or so in the new system where a base version is patched right away after an update)

• Informative x 1
  5. outie

outie Active Member

Both AP1 and AP2 cars get the 17.32.x. My AP1 got the update last week. Haven't noticed anything other than my USB music player getting more messed up - failed to load requiring a restart but now some folders are missing.

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If it never sends out notices for the 'real' versions, this will be confusing. I was wondering how people even knew about the 'base' numbers recently since not that many people have root/file system access, and that sure answers that!

From ev-fw:
    upload_2017-8-21_14-13-47.png

It looks like even the new 02cb/41 version is slowing down after a good start last week.. nothing seems to have been rolling out with real speed recently...

7. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I think a lot of people were hoping the funky new versions are either a mistake or a temporary thing. As time goes on, sure looks like it is here to stay. I’m sure TeslaFi and EV-FW will get updated to properly support them :).

It definitely looks like 2017.32 is a slow trickle update and they’ve stopped it at this point. Based off past experience with the 17.24/26 series, I guess this means at some point this week we will be getting another update.

• Like x 1
  8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I hear you... I understand using a new 'release' number, I don't understand still using a 'normal' (to us) base number. If the hash is the new release number internally, what's the one we are used to still doing there at all? Color me superconfused on that one.

I wish someone knew someone on the dev team that would spill just that one bean! :D

9. jace

jace Member

This definitely feels like this was just one of the those updates on iOS with "Minor Bug Fixes" ... I did notice it fixed the issue where I no longer have toggle Energy Savings Mode when my drivers door stops auto opening / closing!

• Like x 1
  10. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

... but there will be a whole new set of bizarre media player bugs for you to play with..

11. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

Now introducing: AP2 parity - constant ghost braking events on AP1 as well! ;)