Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the 17.5.28 upgrade notification at around 8:30PM PST tonight on the Tesla iOS app. Once I got home, I upgraded to 17.5.28 from 17.3.15. The upgrade took around 20 minutes (the upgrade succeeded, but I always get those "Service required" and "Steering" errors).

Here is the relevant text from the release notes:

Additional Autopilot features are now available on your vehicle.

Side Collision Warning

Side Collision Warning is a new Lane Assist feature that helps you change lanes safely. When Model S is traveling between 7 mph and 85 mph and detects an object close to its side, fluid lines will radiate from the Model S image at the Instrument Panel.

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 10.37.22 PM.png

Didn't we always have the "fluid lines radiating" from the Model S image? Thought I guess they were were always a shade of gray whereas they are now color? So it's basically like a blind spot assist?

They were light grey or yellow, depending on proximity, while the new warning appears to be red. Presumably when the waning occurs, it means something is approaching your TESLA quickly enough to predict a collision if evasive action is not taken. My reading...

TeslaFi shows someone in Colorado also got this update.

Yeah, I got the same note from Teslafi. I logged in to see if I could find out more info. Turns out that's actually my car. :)

My Model S is at the Denver Service Center right now because they are fixing a jacked side mirror motor and some intermittent AP failure issues. I guess they must have manually forced a firmware update. I should get the car back tomorrow. I'll post my observations once I get it back.