Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.5.36 AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's pretty clear now that this release is a very limited rollout, unlike the previous two. Probably another two weeks for everyone else, if we get it at all. They may decide it needs more work and only update other cars for faster highway use.

Ev-fw shows only 16 cars with this when they showed 191 for 5.28

I received the first AP2 update on the first day of release, but have not yet received this one. I thought it was geographically chosen, but maybe it's random. -central California
It's pretty clear now that this release is a very limited rollout, unlike the previous two. Probably another two weeks for everyone else, if we get it at all. They may decide it needs more work and only update other cars for faster highway use.

Ev-fw shows only 16 cars with this when they showed 191 for 5.28
OK, thanks guys. I don't care much about city driving, but would love to have 75mph autopilot for the highways so hopefully we get that instead.

Sad that Elon can put rockets into space and have them land themselves, but he can't get autosteer to work properly

OK, thanks guys. I don't care much about city driving, but would love to have 75mph autopilot for the highways so hopefully we get that instead.

Sad that Elon can put rockets into space and have them land themselves, but he can't get autosteer to work properly
You do realize that it's not Elon's fault, but yours! AP2.0 relies on AI algorithms that are trained by AP2 vehicles collecting data in "ghost mode". The more people with AP2 driving around, the quicker the AI algorithms are trained. Stop complaining and start driving!

Is this facetious?
Yes, partially facetious. o_O Mostly, just trying to point out that some things just need more time for data collection, despite being able to put rockets into space.

AP1.0 works much better, so there is no reason why AP2.0 won't surpass it given enough training time. If it was just a matter of coding, performance would have been the same as AP1.0 right from the start.

Last edited:
It is pretty useless for me. Auto steer cannot even remotely handle intersections or situations where lines drop out. The car either randomly steers in the wrong direction or drops auto steer. So, it won't stay engaged for more than a few seconds at a time. Unlike with AP 1.0 the auto steer cannot traverse intersections at all. Poor following the car in front of you. Poor ability to stay on course when one marker drops. Again, pretty much useless. BTW, the lane markers and detected cars on the instrument display still jump left and right continually oscillating. Oh...and I still get many false positives with the front collision detection causing car to brake.

+1 on this. My car also has a propensity for trying to follow parked cars instead of driving past them.

Reactions: stefan.bc