Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.7.2 Rapid Vampire Drain. Anyone Else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm currently on 17.7.2 and experiencing rapid vampire drain and wanted to ask if any of you are experiencing the same thing?

Car is garage kept and the temps have been mild. I would estimate that the average garage temp at night has been around 50 degrees. I plug in my car around 11pm at night with a limit of 90% and it charges to about 283 rated miles. For the past 3 weeks I have been averaging about 40 miles per day of driving so it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to fully charge and completes around 1am at the latest.

When I go look inside the car at around 8:30am, my rated battery remaining shows 276 miles. This behavior has been consistent since the 17.5.28 update and now with 17.7.2. Prior to 17.7.2 I would only lose maybe 1 to 2 miles tops during the same time period. So, I've been losing about 7 rated miles in roughly a 7.5 hour time period.

Thoughts?

My MX 90D spends a lot of time in a Manhattan garage (temperature about 65 degrees but no possibility to plug in). Originally I had more than 2% daily battery drain, but by turning energy savings mode on and "always connected" off and disabling any apps that were accessing the car API I was able to reduce that to about 1%..Range mode has always been off. Since installing 17.7.2 the battery drain has doubled to about 2%. I checked and the energy and always connected settings have not changed.

Tesla said there is nothing unusual in the logs... However I think there is something in 17.7.2 prevents the car from going into a deep sleep, or occasionally wakes it up. Hopefully is fixed in 17.9.3...

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist