Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.7.2 - Why did Tesla release Local Autosteer vs...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. When I took delivery of my P100D on 12/14/16 I was told that the auto steer system would be complete by 12/31/16. Can't believe I paid for software/firmware that doesn't exist. I'm a former Tesla fan.

patience_grasshopper.jpg

I agree. When I took delivery of my P100D on 12/14/16 I was told that the auto steer system would be complete by 12/31/16. Can't believe I paid for software/firmware that doesn't exist. I'm a former Tesla fan.
The decision to buy a Tesla is obviously complex for most. The imminent Autopilot 2 propanganda sealed the deal for me. I would almost certainly not have pulled the trigger on the vehicle had I been able to experience the current auto steer release (March). It only takes 5 minutes of testing to lose complete confidence that the current system will be on par with the previous Mobileye in the next 6 months. I would be surprised if it is in 12 months.

The decision to buy a Tesla is obviously complex for most. The imminent Autopilot 2 propanganda sealed the deal for me. I would almost certainly not have pulled the trigger on the vehicle had I been able to experience the current auto steer release (March). It only takes 5 minutes of testing to lose complete confidence that the current system will be on par with the previous Mobileye in the next 6 months. I would be surprised if it is in 12 months.

You could always trade it for a CPO with AP1. I am sure Tesla would work with you.... you might even end up with some cash.

I went from a one day old AP1 reservation to an AP2 reservation and Tesla pocketed the AP1 deposit. Let's not pretend Tesla is a Good Samaritan please.

Some transactions are covered by laws that allow a three day cooling off period to cancel the transaction with no penalty or loss of deposit money. You may want to double check to see if you are covered and can get your deposit money back.

Good Luck,

GSP

• Funny
Reactions: NerdUno