Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know that they aren't already, but it seems logical that Tesla would first try to replicate AP1 capabilities using a single camera since that is what they have the most experience with. That would likely yield results the fastest. Then add in the other front cameras one at a time to enhance the capabilities. Slow, methodical approach. My guess is the next front camera will go into shadow mode when Tesla is comfortable with the single camera operating at high speeds (65mph?). Purely conjecture on my part. Educated guess. The macro level point I was trying to make with my comment is that there is more going on with the software updates than what the release notes state. Not all the changes are customer facing. If we use the history of AP2 development as an indicator, the front camera was in shadow mode for 90 days before we saw the first customer facing feature. So if the next camera goes into shadow mode within the next week or two, perhaps we can expect AP2 to surpass AP1 in terms of reliability in about 90 days from now. That also just so happens to jive with my estimate of June based on Elon's comment that it would take "a few hundred million miles" before AP2 would be able to reach parity with AP1.

Unfortunately, you must wait for the push. If you don't get it, I would say more than a week delay, it was either a limited release. Or, you need to log a call to support to push it. They have the capability to push.
Btw I'm not sure if it's voodoo - connect to wifi , park your car(at home) and plug it in - seems to get the update . Any one else noticied this pattern ?

Btw I'm not sure if it's voodoo - connect to wifi , park your car(at home) and plug it in - seems to get the update . Any one else noticied this pattern ?

My last software update, 17.7.2, was on Feb. 24th when I was connected to WiFi at home. I just got 17.9.3 on on cellular since I had my wireless router turned off due to some maintenance.

Being connected to WiFi can help get your update sooner, but when you get it is totally random.

So I just got my Model X. I had it delivered so I didn't get the full initiation from the folks at tesla. We are going to schedule one but I noticed I have 17.9.3 and I can't get auto steer to operate over 35 MPH - doesn't jive here. Also I can't figure out how to summon the car. I would like to adjust the cars parking or back it up. I actually got it with no charge - Tesla's break tripped overnight so my car came with 97 miles of charge and by the time i launched it 5 times I had about 60 miles left :)

Anyway I went to the local super charger and parked too far away. Would have been great to back the car up a bit...