Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'17 Model X Tow Hitch Accessory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a Model X 90D which I took delivery of in May 2017. Recently I've developed the need for a trailer (bought some barns to convert, need to move some grubby things around). I've got a Performance Model Y on order, but given that's now delayed I figured that I'd look into seeing if I can pull a trailer with my Model X.

I gather the tow hitch was optional when I ordered my Model X, but looking at the Tesla online store I can't see any options for a tow hitch accessory. Does anyone know if I have missed the boat? Do they not make them any more?

Inquire of the service center for the factory one with the ability to hide when not in use. There are aftermarket ones available. I have one bought for an MS and never used. I am going see if it can fit my MX.
Bear in mind that tow equipment (and regulations on what you can/can't do) in UK and US is quite different, so no guarantee that your advice will be applicable.

Upvote 0