Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17" Screen sticks up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry Bonnie that I mixed you up, with someone else.
It was someone on the release party of X that mentioned that it had a larger screen than the Model S, but this is a long time ago.
I guess it seems like yesterday, for the ones that got a test ride in the X. :)

No worries! You're right, it doesn't seem so long ago to me :).

The hardest part now is not the waiting, but rather managing expectations. I want to be delighted and amazed - and not disappointed because something this forum dreamt up proved not to be true. It's going to be an amazing vehicle, whatever it looks like. And I'm excited that I'll be seeing it relatively soon.

No worries! You're right, it doesn't seem so long ago to me :).

The hardest part now is not the waiting, but rather managing expectations. I want to be delighted and amazed - and not disappointed because something this forum dreamt up proved not to be true. It's going to be an amazing vehicle, whatever it looks like. And I'm excited that I'll be seeing it relatively soon.
Managing expectations, that's the word I was looking for. When you wait so long for something your building in your mind something that you hope to see and when you see it could be a let down. So I try not to even have expectations, it is like traveling. You read about a place and plan a trip and if you have certain expectations you can be disappointed when you arrive. I never thought that the Model S would be so fantastic and that also sets a standard for the future cars from Tesla.

I guess I can get into the old timer, not as good to look up the sources for things I remember/think I remember as before.
Done it so many times that I do not take time to do it.
Give clues and they can look up and search for the source. ;-)
Still do it on subjects, but not as much and wide as before.
I guess I will be gone from the forum for some time, after the first few 100 signature Model X is delivered in Europa.
I will be driving around in Europa, smiling and not care if it could or should be a 17" or 19" screen, if it sticks up or not, if it has side mirror, back mirror, 2, 4 or 12 cameras, svirvling second row......
Only thing I would not like is the airbag showing on the A pillar and the car would not let me exit from the Autobahn. He he he he
The most importen thing is that I finale can drive it.

sigurdi gets my point perfectly. Nothing personal about it either, nor directed at anyone in particular.

Many people that have long-term knowledge of the Model X process have simply moved on, some simply to P85D, and some have mentally switched to "wait and see" and whatnot.

And given this is a not yet released niche vehicle, we don't enjoy the influx like Model 3 group does (yet). Thus we have us same couple of people talking panda photos. :)

It is rare to get old-timer data points on the Model X - and I appreciate that sigurdi took the time to offer some. More is most welcome.

I did the factory tour last week and we passed two partially stripped down X mules by the production lines. Both had standard S dashboards with the screen built in, not protruding. Of course, these are engineering mules, so production may be different.

The new X production line is in the process of commissioning at the moment. One key phrase from the tour was that X shares 60% of it's parts with S.

Keep that excitement going!

I did the factory tour last week and we passed two partially stripped down X mules by the production lines. Both had standard S dashboards with the screen built in, not protruding. Of course, these are engineering mules, so production may be different.

The new X production line is in the process of commissioning at the moment. One key phrase from the tour was that X shares 60% of it's parts with S.

Keep that excitement going!

Odd, Elon said something closer to 20% on the last call if I'm not mistaken.