Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

170 miles in 15 minutes Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
This now on Tesla’s Site.
Model S now charges 170 miles in 15 minutes.
F638D96A-C169-4FE6-91F1-5C0C1A48E22C.jpeg

Model X now charges 150 miles in 15 minutes.
7C72F672-6655-4AFA-B96A-32BD498E37CE.jpeg

Big discussion on Reddit:
Supercharger V3 average 210 kW for Model S and X Long Range : teslamotors

That leaves us antiques out.
I'd be happy if they'd fix my not being able to super charge since v9 was installed. I can only charge at new chager.
That is more likely a hardware issue. V9 might have exacerbated it. It is not a widespread v9 issue as far as I have seen. I had this happen early on with my first Tesla (MS90D)
They replaced the onboard charger and all was good again.
Make an appointment with your SC.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
That is more likely a hardware issue. V9 might have exacerbated it. It is not a widespread v9 issue as far as I have seen. I had this happen early on with my first Tesla (MS90D)
They replaced the onboard charger and all was good again.
Make an appointment with your SC.
The onboard charger is not involved in Supercharging. Likely there was some miscommunication of the problem or the solution.

• Disagree
Reactions: camthehombre
The onboard charger is not involved in Supercharging. Likely there was some miscommunication of the problem or the solution.
This is not the case. Although,the onboard charger is bypassed (no A/C to DC conversion) it contains hardware that manages the DC (Supercharger) connection. I believe it’s called the PMU. (Power Management Unit)
This was the explanation I got from Tesla when they replaced mine.

This is not the case. Although,the onboard charger is bypassed (no A/C to DC conversion) it contains hardware that manages the DC (Supercharger) connection. I believe it’s called the PMU. (Power Management Unit)
This was the explanation I got from Tesla when they replaced mine.
I stand corrected. Actually, I'm sitting.:cool:

Good to know, thanks!

I've supercharged 4 times in the last month. Results:
1st... first stall did not respond. Moved to another stall and charged successfully.
2nd... charged normally
3rd... first stall started, but stopped after about a minute. Would not restart no matter what I did. Moved to another stall and charged normally.
4th... charged normally.

This was at three different locations. The last two were the same location but at different times of the day. It seems to erratic for me.

Looks like they almost have it right.
Now shows 30 minutes to recharge 170 miles on both the Model S & the Model X.
I’m guessing it should be 150 miles for an X.
Just took these screenshots.

Model S
View attachment 387722

Model X
View attachment 387723
When I first looked at this yesterday, I saw it mention 15 minutes and 170 miles for the Model S or 150 miles for the Model X on Tesla's site.

Now I'm seeing 30 minutes again, which is how it appeared last Friday...except Model X shows 170 miles now instead of 150 miles.

So was it a mistake putting "15 minutes" or was it just a mistake releasing it before it was supposed to be announced?

When I first looked at this yesterday, I saw it mention 15 minutes and 170 miles for the Model S or 150 miles for the Model X on Tesla's site.

Now I'm seeing 30 minutes again, which is how it appeared last Friday...except Model X shows 170 miles now instead of 150 miles.

So was it a mistake putting "15 minutes" or was it just a mistake releasing it before it was supposed to be announced?
Wow this just does not surprise me...and I've only been a tesla owner for 2 weeks! All good though I love my car