Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$170 per TPMS sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is in for annual service at Van Nuys. Service advisor called me and quoted $170 per tire for TPMS sensor replacement since I have been having issues.

Lots of folks on the forum have been quoted $50-100 per tire. Why am I quoted so much more?

The sensors that go inside the wheels are $50 each from Tesla. The remainder might be installation, since the tires have to be unmounted, the sensors replaced, tires remounted and balanced. But $120 sounds high for that.

On the other hand, are you sure they're talking about the TPMS sensors in the wheels? Any chance they were talking about a TPMS receiver in the wheel well?

Reactions: apacheguy
I bought a set a few weeks ago @ Paramus and paid $55 each (had my own place install them though). Installer broke one so I stopped @ Paramus to get another one. They charged $50 for that one.

It seems like they just make up the prices as they go along. Too many bad experiences @ Paramus. I'm going to Westchester from now on.

Wow. So everyone else gets them for $50 each + some nominal install cost. In my case the labor should be minimal since as I've said I'm already doing annual service. And somehow they've decided to do some price gouging. I've escalated this to servicehelpNA. I'll post back on the outcome.

Wow. So everyone else gets them for $50 each + some nominal install cost. In my case the labor should be minimal since as I've said I'm already doing annual service. And somehow they've decided to do some price gouging. I've escalated this to servicehelpNA. I'll post back on the outcome.
Annual service has to take the wheels off, but not unmount the tires from the rims. That's likely the cost. Why not all tesla directly? I've had good luck asking them to itemise things for me in the past.