Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17kW System = 98.4 kWh Production (5.79kWh/kW of Panels)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another way to look at it. For every kwh I could time shift from peak to off peak, I save a 30 cents (58 (peak) - 18 cents (off peak)).
The estimated charge life cycle of full 0 to 100% charges (worst case scenario) is 3100. Assuming a high level of degradation resulting in only 80% of the 40KW of 8m 3 powerwalls over it's lifetime, this gives me:

3100*40*0.8*0.3(cents) = $29760 in peak time offset over the estimated life of the product. My cost for all 3 powerwalls after the tax credit is $15170. The price has gone up twice since I ordered last year so it's not quite as attractive now as it was then.
That's a good way to look at it.

Peak vs off peak in winter for SDG&E is only $0.02. In the summer it is $0.20 for my plan. Average that over the year to $0.11, I get less than $10,000 in savings and power walls were going to cost $8k each installed after rebates, and I needed 2 to run the AC. Like I said, I couldn't get the math to work right now, but I'll keep looking at it.

Just hit 7 kWh / kw for the first time ever a few days ago.

Screenshot_20210430-164823_mySolarEdge.jpg

And, apparently no shading issues, at least on that day. Unfortunately I have some in the afternoon, trees and a hill. Worse in the winter.
Same here. My 12 kW Solarroof is producing about 46kWh/day now. Drops down to 2 kW by 4 PM due to shading. Still enough to top off powerwalls, provide 97%+ of electricity, and send 23 kWh back to grid.