Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18” wheels on winters and load ratings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Model Y family.

Looking to get some answers from those of you that have gone with an 18” wheel set up on winter tires.

I’m mainly trying to find what the standard 19” Gemini load rating is and what the range for safe operation is. The 18” EV01 and 18” Replika R241 are the 2 I’m looking at and they show a load rating of about 1500 LBS.
the 19” versions go up to 1900/2000 lbs.

Should I be concerned about the lower load rating?

Is there a resource you can point me to with the facts?

Thanks everyone!

This thread is pretty comprehensive regarding load limits of 18inch wheels. You can get a good idea of most wheels with the charts and info provided. 18" Aero wheels and Model Y load limits

TL;DR R241s have the same load ratings as the 20in inductions. Unless you're towing some serious loads, or putting a ton of weight in the back, you should be fine.

According to the thread above, the 20" Model Y "Induction" wheels have a 750kg/1650lb load rating. That's what I would consider a "minimum" load rating for Model Y, especially if you have the tow package. TSportline 18" wheels also have a 750kg load rating.