Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18.36kw system. First day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does PV watts model for you? What is "about right" will depend on your house, the slope of your roof, etc. You can certainly try to track it daily, but you wont have any idea of "whats good" without historical data, or matching it up against what something like PVwatts says for your location, with your roof / install etc.

I'm just north of NYC. First day with my 18.36kw system and got a total production of about 120kw. Is that about right for a sunny day?

About 6.5 kwh / kw so that's just about optimal for your location. Guessing you have no shading and south facing for all panels?
I'm getting about 7 kwh / kw per day currently but I'm further south than you. If you weren't producing near maximum for your system size and location, then we'd have to dive into other things like shading, direction, tilt, weather, etc but not necessary in this case given your stated production.

I'm on the island- 11.22kW of panels facing 15-20 degrees off due south to the east. Another 5.1kW exact due west minimal shading and 22 degree roof pitch. Today I produced 94.8kWh which is a bit off my high of 103kWh. But I washed the panels 3 days ago because they were totally yellow from pollen and production spiked 8-10%. I looked today and they are yellow again. Ugh.