Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Aero Cover replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Houston and I just got my car less than 2 weeks ago. I love it. White Model 3 LR with White interior.

I took my mom out today to Bellaire - Asian Town and I when I came back to drop her off I noticed I am missing the front passenger Aero Cover missing. The last time I tried to take the cover off was when I first got the car and it wasn't that easy to remove. I think someone just took one off the car when I parked it.
I looked through the Sentry mode USB and it only records the last hour. So it must have been earlier that it either fell off (most likely not) or was stolen. Sad day for me. There hasn't been a time that I was away from my car for more than 10 minutes. Plus I parked by the front entrance of everywhere I went since its not busy. I didn't notice anyone running away with one cover.

Does anyone live in Houston that might have an extra wheel cover that I can buy? Or should I take it all off and get the lug nut caps and replace all 4 wheels? I do plan on taking the car in the future for long trips.

Attachments

• 20190418_124847.jpg
    20190418_124847.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 146
Someone recently said that Tesla has then for about $35.
I'd recommend also getting the Aero hub caps. If you aren't stretched for range, you can take the Aero covers off when near home and put back on to travel. I've done it a bunch of times so far.

Reactions: Tron 3
Someone recently said that Tesla has then for about $35.
I'd recommend also getting the Aero hub caps. If you aren't stretched for range, you can take the Aero covers off when near home and put back on to travel. I've done it a bunch of times so far.

Have you noticed any scratching as a result of this? I saw a youtube video of a guy that ran his aero caps for a few months and noticed the clips had started scratching up his wheels.

I live in Houston and I just got my car less than 2 weeks ago. I love it. White Model 3 LR with White interior.

I took my mom out today to Bellaire - Asian Town and I when I came back to drop her off I noticed I am missing the front passenger Aero Cover missing. The last time I tried to take the cover off was when I first got the car and it wasn't that easy to remove. I think someone just took one off the car when I parked it.
I looked through the Sentry mode USB and it only records the last hour. So it must have been earlier that it either fell off (most likely not) or was stolen. Sad day for me. There hasn't been a time that I was away from my car for more than 10 minutes. Plus I parked by the front entrance of everywhere I went since its not busy. I didn't notice anyone running away with one cover.

Does anyone live in Houston that might have an extra wheel cover that I can buy? Or should I take it all off and get the lug nut caps and replace all 4 wheels? I do plan on taking the car in the future for long trips.

The Dashcam overwrites files. The Sentry mode does not. They should all be there. The files will be in different folders.

I looked through the Sentry mode USB and it only records the last hour.

You are describing "TeslaCam" aka dashcam.

Sentry Mode is another option that you currently have to manually enable each time you park. It permanently saves video from the front and both sides whenever motion is detected around your car. It sounds like you did not have Sentry enabled...

Sorry to hear about your loss, but the good news is the covers are relatively cheap.

You are describing "TeslaCam" aka dashcam.

Sentry Mode is another option that you currently have to manually enable each time you park. It permanently saves video from the front and both sides whenever motion is detected around your car. It sounds like you did not have Sentry enabled...

Yes, I notice dash cam only goes as far as 1 hour back and the Sentry mode I didnt think to turn on since I was in front of the car most of the time.

I reached out to Tesla for a replacement. They responded that I had to reach out to the local service center. Called the # they gave me and now they told me I need to email the local service center for it. [email protected] with my VIN #.

Expected cost around $30.

"Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Support!

I'm sorry to hear that someone stole your aero wheels, please reach out to your local service center to order a new aero wheel. Please let us know if you have further questions.

The nearest Service Center near you is located at 3750 Westchase Drive, Houston TX 77042 & the phone number is 510-249-4092

Please visit our Support Page at www.tesla.com/support, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle.
Vl6alqi_vghAWA_8zgG0-b-0tecpnkWk3mE42884mJRJFr6SXur2UeSGVpnMqfKgAYFqPXqotFC81suio60uOhiPf-x9NWNw2dYlQpFQ4RHPNKHWhRTn5aK4RC0_Bnwn3POl9ziM0pkHP6UbW3umWkDc1nqZ_g=s0-d-e1-ft
"