Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Aero wheels and Model Y load limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those looking for an aftermarket option, I've been looking at OEP Wheels TL03 model which is a seemingly identical match to the aero wheel Alloy Wheels | OEP Wheels I emailed their customer service and they indicated the load limit is 850kg.
Wheels Co followed up and indicated that "the TL03 wheel unfortunately is not compatible with the Model Y as the rear caliper actually contacts the inner barrel of the wheel". Can anyone corroborate? I feel like that might only apply to the Performance Model Y.

Wheels Co followed up and indicated that "the TL03 wheel unfortunately is not compatible with the Model Y as the rear caliper actually contacts the inner barrel of the wheel". Can anyone corroborate? I feel like that might only apply to the Performance Model Y.

If it is modeled after the 2020 and before Model 3 Aero wheel it will not fit the MY Performance due to hitting the rear caliper... but should fit the MY LR.

Keith

(Note the word "if" in larger font, different color and underlined above) :)

Reactions: rypalmer
Did you ever get a quote for the 18s?

I asked a mobile tech about a second set of the 19s... four bare wheels and four pressure sensors would have cost more than Tesla's winter tire/wheel set. :rolleyes: He thought it was crazy how much they cost.

Fairly common for OEM wheels, be it legacy car maker or Tesla. The thinking is that if you are purchasing bare wheels, you are replacing ONE bent / damaged wheel and you will be willing to pay a high price for it in order to get your car back on the road.

Keith

I'm trying to find take-offs to buy. Do you know what the part number is of the wheels that have the 750 kg load rating?
5ED8B9F8-32D6-4A11-8993-F66EDF56CBAA.jpeg

Has anyone put 18’s on a MYP? Are the brakes on a MYP the same as a M3P? I have 18’s from T Sportline and Titan 7 from my M3P and it would be great to use them on the MYP. I know the T Sportline have. 750kg load rating. I couldn’t find anything on the Titan 7 but I would expect them to have a higher load rating due to being forged.

Has anyone put 18’s on a MYP? Are the brakes on a MYP the same as a M3P? I have 18’s from T Sportline and Titan 7 from my M3P and it would be great to use them on the MYP. I know the T Sportline have. 750kg load rating. I couldn’t find anything on the Titan 7 but I would expect them to have a higher load rating due to being forged.
I was too 🐔 to find out.
Post in thread 'M3 wheels to a MY?' M3 wheels to a MY?

Reactions: Tedkidd
interesting, What tires are thos
interesting, What tires are those?
BFG Trail Terrains. They just came out and I’d say their direct competitor would be the Falkan Wildpeak AT Trail. The design brief is for a CUV/SUV that will spend most of it's time on the road but occasionally goes off on a trail. They are 3PMSF rated so snow shouldnt be an issue. So far, they are quieter and more efficient than the UberTurbines I will keep for summertime.