Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Aero Wheels now available for Model 3 Performance AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
With the price drop today I see that you can now request 18" Aero wheels on your P3D:

18 inch On Request.png

I wonder if the wheels have been redesigned to fit the larger brake calipers, or if the calipers have been shrunk...

If they don’t price adjust for the 18s, then wouldn’t we just take delivery of the 20s and sell them aftermarket? I know the 20s are a bit brittle, but they must have some market value. The tires alone are worth nearly $1k.

I also had an online chat with a Tesla rep:

T: From my understanding, you are looking to know whether the performance brakes and carbon fiber spoiler will still be included if you opted for the Aero Wheels?

Me: Yes, correct.

T: Got it.

Me: In the past they were not, because the aero wheels do not fit the performance brakes

T: Allow me to check on that for you.

3 minutes later...

T: I checked on this for you.
T: The Aero wheels will not come with performance brakes.The vehicle pricing will also stay the same, regardless of the wheels.
T: I'd recommend to stay with the Performance wheels unless you are looking for more efficiency.

Me: Ah, ok. So, the best bet/value is to stick with the "full performance package"

T: Yes, that's what I'd go for, honestly!

Me: I currently have one, and agree. I'm just thinking of our next car, and whether or not it was possible to get one with Aero's for road trips...

T
: Got it.
T: Yes, you may be able to do that.
T: I'd work with your local service center on that.
T: I'm with the sales team and I best assist with pre-order sales!
T: Please reach out to your service center who may have more details on getting Aero wheels for your Performance Model 3.
T: Thank you for being a loyal and valued Tesla owner@!
T: Sorry for that typing mistake, got really excited there!

The above is fascinating.

So you can essentially get a P3+ or P3- now but they’re both the same price. Uhhh wow. lol. Wasn’t that a $5k difference back in the day?

Maybe they’ll lower the P3- a bit more and give us AWD folks what we crave!!! lol