Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Aero Wheels now available for Model 3 Performance AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some newer AWD’s have 990 but older ones have 980. Maybe older 980 AWD’s were not binned/not ready for performance grade top sigma.

Who knows, but it’s getting out of control to debate and make logical sense at the same time.

Right. Just because we haven’t seen a 990 in a P3D yet doesn’t mean it’s not possible, either. Since we know these vehicles are built in batches, it’s entirely possible the next batch of P3D’s come with 990 motors.

Point being, unless we have a mole in Tesla powertrain engineering, everything we think we know here is just speculative at best.

I couldn't' agree more with this thread. i was locked and loaded to buy the SR+ but then i was alerted to the partial premium interior. I had taken a full performance model home and definitely loved the P but i was aware mine wouldn't be as fast, but had assumed it would be the same car inside. Not the case, as i quickly realized. The the Tesla associate checked the stock inventory and found me a performance M3 for 50990. 18 inch aero (which i liked/wanted anyway) and full premium interior. I was like "done". And now i'm awaiting pickup on 8/16 (not sure why it is taking so long, since the car is already here but....)

What about those of us who own Model 3 Performance and want to purchase a separate set of Aero Wheels? I dont see them listed on Tesla's website? Maybe Elon is going to send us a nice letter offering them at a discount for buying M3P when Aero wheels were not an option....

I really hope they can bring this back.

I'd love to get a stealth 3P (and Stealth YP too)…. I'd so much rather have aero 18s and non-track brakes and not be lowered.

Since I'm not planning to go to the track, it's just a bunch of expensive things I actively don't want that would be even more expensive to remove. I don't want a new set of tires to be 2500+ or a brake job to be 5k+ and I don't want to bonk my head more often getting my daughter into the car - I've been there and done that and I'd much rather not anymore.

Going from 4.4 to 3.2 0-60 on the other hand is something that can bring a smile to my (and my daughter's) face(s) daily. (She loves it when we accelerate - she calls it "rollercoaster")

Going from 4.4 to 3.2 0-60 on the other hand is something that can bring a smile to my (and my daughter's) face(s) daily. (She loves it when we accelerate - she calls it "rollercoaster")

just for clarity- it's 4.0 for the AWD when actually tested the same way as the P.

Tesla dishonestly uses a different measurement for the P versus the non-P versions of their cars (same for the P versions of the S/X AFAIK)

The P is obviously still significantly quicker, but not as much as Teslas numbers suggest.

Thanks, @Knightshade I had some vague memories of the measurements being conducted differently (1 ft rollout or not IIRC), but couldn't recall the actual quantitative difference.

This does make me feel a bit better about having missed the timing on stealth P3D... Still hoping they bring it back, as I'd be happy to pay the 2-3k difference, but I just cannot get on board the P3D+ bandwagon

Dragging this one up.

Looking at a used M3.
Screen shows “Dual Motor” with the red underline.

Also shows 18” Aeros.

Would I be correct in assuming that this is an M3P-/Stealth Performance?

Attachments

• 337C25E7-2526-4B92-B098-330EFC48F75C.jpeg
    337C25E7-2526-4B92-B098-330EFC48F75C.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 90
  • A3437121-ABA8-4153-9A50-2088153E58B1.jpeg
    A3437121-ABA8-4153-9A50-2088153E58B1.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 67