Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Aero wheels (Poll)

How do you plan to use your 18"ers?

• I like the Aero covers and plan to leave them on for an undetermined period of time

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • I plan to regularly switch back and forth between the covers and rims with caps

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • The 18"s cost me nothing and I replaced them fugly things with aftermarket beauties

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I plan to pull the hub caps and just use the 18"s on thier naked rims (with caps)

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • Hmmmm, not sure... what are 18: Aero wheels again? (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
I ordered my LR AWD w/FSD with the 18" Aero wheels. I also ordered the $50 rim cap set, for the times I want to go without the Aero "hub caps". This poll is to shed light on that transformation, and your preference. Would also love to know how dirty the rims get (or not) with the covers installed.

I've got the aeros. I switch back and forth, putting the wheel covers on for trips. It doesn't generally get too dirty underneath, but it does get a little. I often make sure that they are off when cleaning.
There are times when I like the look of them on, times when I like them off.

There's a number of threads talking about the aeros.

I have the Aero covers on mine, because I think it looks good. The underlying wheels look to me like they could be on ANY car; the Aeros scream “Tesla”!

That said, I think it’s a good combo with the white and MSM colors. The rest, not as much.

46608E4E-30F1-422B-9068-3906D4793492.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
I have the Aero covers on mine, because I think it looks good. The underlying wheels look to me like they could be on ANY car; the Aeros scream “Tesla”!

That said, I think it’s a good combo with the white and MSM colors. The rest, not as much.

View attachment 431828

Yeah, that's where I'm at - sets you/us apart from every other alloy-rimmed car out there - which is just about all of them these days!!!

M3 w ceramic.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
Aeros off. Red caliper covers on. The grey on grey gives it a stealthy look that I like. There has not been enough convincing data around how much more efficient the car is to convince me i should even put them back on for a long trip at freeway speeds.