Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18 Day Old Model S Wrecked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you get your car before your hand heals.

Hm. That's not right.

I hope you your hand heals before you get your car.

Hm. Not right either.

I hope your car arrives quickly and your hand heals seconds after.

I think that works.

Anyway, sad looking at those pictures but thank you for sharing them.

An interesting opportunity for Tesla. Owner protection. In the event your Tesla is involved in an accident and is declared a total loss, you can order a new vehicle with priority. If Tesla could deliver a replacement vehicle in 1-2 weeks it would reduce the pain of an accident just a little bit.

A

They probably should, but here in the US I can go rent a full-size box truck (just a few feet shy of a semi) and drive it with no additional license requirements. Same with giant RVs and Motorhomes. Special licensing for those vehicles would have far less resistance than imposing one for large SUVs, and we still can't get that done. So it's not likely to ever happen.
Yep. :(

From the higher res pics, looks like it's a Suburban or one of its badge-engineered cousins that I mentioned. 2014 Suburban: Towing Capacity, Trailer Payload Capabilities | Chevrolet puts it at 5680 to 5820 pounds. :( I wonder if she was driving solo and/or minimal cargo and passengers, which is the case w/most of those battering ram of death class vehicles in my area. :rolleyes: