Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18 inch grey alloy touch up pen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a few suggestions on the thread below;

I tried one of the suggestions and didn’t think it matched when I tested it on some paper so ended up just getting it repaired by a company (but I also had fairly large scrape all way round the rims on both)

There’s a few suggestions on the thread below;

I tried one of the suggestions and didn’t think it matched when I tested it on some paper so ended up just getting it repaired by a company (but I also had fairly large scrape all way round the rims on both)

It won’t match on paper, completely different substrate and background colour! You needed to try it on the wheel.

This paint is really good. Easy to apply and matches the 18" alloys
This company also sells the pen with laquer, do you know what’s the difference?

Is it an exact match?

I got the one with the brush and when I kerb a wheel it was just a case of using wet & dry to sand it down. Cleaning it with some IPA and paint the aluminum and damaged area with the brush. Two coats with 20 - 30 mins in between. Brush in the direction going around the wheel and you can hardly see the damage! Colour match is perfect too!

Reactions: davidmc
This one does not match the 18” stock alloys. The colour is much darker. After contacting the seller I was sent a second one, but that’s no better. Below image clearly shows the difference.

Attachments

• 2D31FDDD-AA41-4270-9120-993229557B97.jpeg
    2D31FDDD-AA41-4270-9120-993229557B97.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 225
I bought this and will be using it soon, I've had my car not even 2 weeks and one wheel has a slight curb! Do not know how!

Without meaning to sound patronising, make sure you all shake the pots of touch up paint vigorously and for a good minute or two before using. Not just a quick 5sec shake.

The silver metallic flakes in the liquid paint will not mix properly otherwise and sink to the bottom, and the end result will come out a lot darker than the shade it was intended to be.

Reactions: Magstauk
As promised, here is a 2021 alloy with this paint applied.

As you can see it is slightly darker than the 2021 alloy... I don't have a 2020 alloy apart from the photo I shared above...
Still it would probably would be OK or even used as a base coat... Or maybe I didn't shake it long enough to mix the silver particles!

20211006_140859.jpg