Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'18 Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor AWD EAP 19" Red MCR FULL 360° PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
List of stuff:
• 2018 Tesla Model 3, Dual Motor, Long Range ("3D LR")

• Long Range (LR) battery pack, 310 mile rated range (maybe 322 now? don't charge to 100%, not sure what software games have been played since we got the car; original 100% range was 310; with 19" wheels it probably is closer to reality than 322 anyway).

• All Wheel Drive (Dual Motor), 4.4s 0-60 MPH

• 19" Wheels

• Red Multi-Coat exterior

• FULL LED Headlights w/ LED Fog lamps

• Black interior

• FULL 360° Paint Protection Film (PPF). This, together with ceramic coating and tint (see below), cost $5,500+. PPF protects from the elements, rock chips, bird poop, you name it. It's FULL PPF so the whole car is covered in Suntek Ultra Paint Protection Film.

• On top of the PPF there is a 9 year Ceramic Coating. This makes it very easy to wash the car, and things do not stick as they do to paint.

• Car has never been thru a carwash, has always been washed by hand.

• Car is rated at 4.4s 0-60 MPH, and is probably a little faster, as all Teslas usually exceed specifications (look it up on YouTube). Yes, that's right, this is a VERY fast car, faster than a lot of "sports" cars out there, and that's when those cars hit launch control right. This car? Just push the pedal and hold on. No drama, and can go again and again and again. The car is amusement park fast.

• Suntek Ultra window tint all around, including one-piece rear window (the rear window is HUGE on this car, and only high end shops that know what they're doing can install it).

• Enhanced Auto Pilot (EAP). This car drives itself! Also parks itself. And has Smart Summon. You continuously get free software updates which improve existing features (Autopilot drives better now than when the car was delivered), as well as free new features (the car now has dashcam functionality, for example, which it did not have when I purchased it -- it came via a free software update!).

• This car was purchased prior to the current free Autopilot, and it has features which are now part of the $7,000 "Full Self Driving" Package not included with the free Autopilot. The EAP Package cost $5000 + tax when the car was purchased and includes the following features (all of these features which are now part of the $7,000 FSD Package):
  1. Autopilot -- this car has it
  2. Navigate on Autopilot -- this car has it
  3. Auto Lane Change -- this car has it
  4. Autopark -- this car has it
  5. Smart Summon -- this car has it
• A simple way to put it is that this car has all of the features of the $7,000 FSD package currently offered on all Teslas (the features listed above) that are functional today. It will not get the actual Full Self Driving when that will be released, however that functionality is not currently functional; there is nothing functional today which you can purchase from Tesla that this car doesn't have.

• Custom 3D all-weather floor liners (cost ~$200)

• Tesla Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade (cost $75 Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade)

• Gen 2 Mobile Connector with the now-extra charge NEMA 14-50 adapter! ($35 value, often out stock - Gen 2 NEMA Adapters -- pick 14-50)

• 100% accident free -- COMPLETELY CLEAN TITLE GUARANTEED! One owner (us!).

• Under FULL FACTORY WARRANTY until September 2022 or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first (2 years 7 months/30,000 miles left as of now)

Location: Dallas area, TX; car was purchased in Los Angeles, we are the original owners.

Current mileage: 20k miles; has been used primarily for commuting by my wife. Always garaged, virtually no supercharging -- we have an L2 240V/32A charger at home. It's only ever been SuperCharged on the drive LA -> Dallas.

Price: $53,950

GDNm8bc.jpg

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Most likely it's a troll post for sale. The "seller" openly admitted this in another thread:

Now, unless it's against the forum rules, these guys can do whatever they want, I don't really care. It does make this place less useful for buying/selling, like you said some people won't even list in order not to deal with this (I'm half posting to just piss these guys off, as I don't expect anything out of it -- but you never know), and it also affects would-be buyers who see it here, they may want the car but then they read these comments and it messes with their mind. Can mess with the seller's mind too, for example I dropped the price lower than I should have, which would have ended in leaving money on the table. But, 'tis what 'tis, you get what you pay for.

"virtually no supercharging"... Posts a picture of the car at multiple different superchargers and one of it charging at 145KW
lol I just realized how that looks -- that's funny!

So because I "virtually never" supercharged, it was a special thing and I took pics. The car was only Supercharged when I drove it from Los Angeles, where we purchased it, to Dallas. The 145kW pull I included because there were some reports on some cars not charging properly (I think it was a youtuber and he had a P3D+ -- I also had a P3D+ in addition to this AWD LR).

Maybe his definition of virtually is different than yours.

@OP exactly how many times have you supercharged, it's in your account details
You're the man -- you've helped me discover that we have Free Supercharging!
m9YsM5E.png

Because of this, I can't see SC count on tesla.com -- but not to worry, TeslaFi's got my back! SC data: 9 Charges At 9 SC Locations, 385.73 kWh added. This was for 1500 miles, and includes a topoff at destination before our 14-50 L2 was installed at our new house.

Now, something super cool I just found on TeslaFi while I was in there looking for the SC data:
WvhrSUy.png

This is great to see! I baby the battery despite everybody saying "don't worry about it" (because I'm a tech guy and passionate about stuff like this), and it appears that it's actually paid off, as our car seems to be #1 out of 91 vehicles at the same odometer reading as ours. I'm not sure when TeslaFi added the new Battery Report Beta, I used to check the old one once in a while and just saw the new one. Either way, not too shabby!

There's so many folks selling Model S with free unlimited supercharging - is that not transferred too?

For the Model S it depends on the build date. If it was bought anytime after mid January 2017, free supercharging does not transfer.
If the car sold is from 2016 or earlier, most likely it will transfer. I say most likely because recently Tesla made changes to this and some owners did get free supercharging but with only one time transfer to the next or no transfer.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid