Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Is it ok to install these tires on a model 3?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious if anyone has these tires installed on their Model 3. They seem like the perfect tire except I am seeing conflicting reports on if they should be used since they are standard load instead of full load. Was curious if anyone has any real world experience with these on an 18" wheel.

Even though they are standard load the load rating is 94 when the tires that come with the performance have a rating of 92.

Good luck finding a shop that would mount those for you, especially if your 3 is not a full performance.

I have a shop, that's how I found out about these tires. I have a long range dual motor, I know the performance tires have a lower load rating, do you know why they would be ok on a performance but not on a standard dual motor?

What's the speed rating? I personally wouldn't risk it. Maybe ask Tesla and see what they say?

Speed rating is V

I have a shop, that's how I found out about these tires. I have a long range dual motor, I know the performance tires have a lower load rating, do you know why they would be ok on a performance but not on a standard dual motor?
Most chains with a large legal department won't install these on a Performance trim either, due to lack of XL designation, and lower-than-OEM speed rating.

If you never floor it from a stop light and generally drive your 3 just like any other car, accelerating up to speed limit very slowly, I don't see why would these not work for you. They are okay-ish in grip, and are pretty quiet, if I recall Consumer Reports ratings correctly. If you regularly expose these to max torque of even the SR 3, I think you need a stronger sidewall, which an XL rating gets you.

Even though they are standard load the load rating is 94 when the tires that come with the performance have a rating of 92.

Speed rating is V
Definitely not. Need a W at least.