Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Sport Wheels?

Would you buy 18" sport wheels if available?

• Yes, in a heartbeat

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • No, love the Aeros

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Sticking with the 19" sport wheels

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Sticking with Aeros - they are free

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would much rather spend money on after market rims as I will likely need a second set for snow tires anyways. I wish if you spent the $1500 for the "upgraded" rims you also got the original rims with the car, then it would make more financial sense.

Depending on how the 18" wheels look, I may consider either powder coating or just other aftermarket rims if it looks like the model 3 needs silver wheels to look right to me. I've been evaluating my color choices and I think that I prefer a silver wheel to complement the chrome accents around the windows and the door handles. Although the 19"wheels give me the color, I want the more compliant ride offered by the 18s

Reactions: DR61
I would tend to stick with the aeros so as not to forfeit the efficiency gains.

But without knowing how much they actually help, it's harder to weight the trade-off between style and efficiency/range. Hopefully Tesla will make this info public before non-employees start configuring their vehicles.

Depending on how the 18" wheels look, I may consider either powder coating or just other aftermarket rims if it looks like the model 3 needs silver wheels to look right to me. I've been evaluating my color choices and I think that I prefer a silver wheel to complement the chrome accents around the windows and the door handles. Although the 19"wheels give me the color, I want the more compliant ride offered by the 18s

In the same boat with the same mindset here. Considering whether dipping the wheels is an option, or whether it will just get torn up quickly.

I think the poll needs to be changed. If Tesla offered 18" sport wheels, would I buy them? Yes, if they cost the same as a typical upgrade of the same tire size as other companies. Tesla charging $1500 to go up 1 inch is not too out of line with other companies. That said, many also offer upgrades in the same tire size as the standard tires. Those upgrades typically cost only in the $500-600 range from what I remember. I'd pay $500 for a different rim. There's no way that $500 isn't pretty much pure profit, but it's a reasonable enough number to me.

Paying $1500 for 18" sport rims makes absolutely no sense when the 19" upgrade costs the same.

Reactions: CTreast