TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

18" Turbines - TSportline or EVWheelsDirect?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RDaneel, May 3, 2018.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

Like the title says, I'm looking for an 18" set of turbine-style wheels to use with winter tires. The TSportlines are $1200,the EVWheels are $1000. I'm looking for any reasons to spend the extra $200 (or not!) and would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

2. Austindude

Austindude Member

I have ordered the wheels from EVWheelsDirect but I'm cheap (In one of my threads on this forum someone called me ghetto!).

3. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

Some people say the weight may be different? Maybe somebody who knows can list both side by side?

I think all of these wheels are made in china so i hope nobody uses that argument about "quality"

4. pkalhan

pkalhan Member

That is correct, according to EV Wheels Dorect’s website, their 18” wheels weigh 28 pounds which is roughly 5 to 6 pounds heavier than TSportline’s. I contacted EV Wheels Direct to confirm the weight but have not heard back from them.

5. Sachmo

Sachmo Member

I just received my EV wheels and very happy. Quality, shipping time, price and communication was great.

6. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

Thanks for the info. Any pics? :)

7. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Any pics???

Also what size did you get?

8. oneshortguy

oneshortguy Member

• Weight
    • Cast vs Flow Forged
    • Company history, T Sportline just hit their 5 years (not sure when their real start was since they started with original roadsters) vs EV Wheel Direct hitting their 6th month or so from going live (less in terms of product launch)
    • Service (literally can call T Sportline right now without digging for a phone number)
    • Vehicle knowledge between roadster, S, X, and 3 (T Sportline)
    Honestly, if it can wait, hold off until T Sportline gets their 10% off + Free shipping (you will pay 1080 if the price stays the same) or their end of the year sale in December which will drop the price even lower based on what you buy (might be too late?).