Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" vs 19" stock wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. Hoping to get some feedback from your experience here. I'm planning to switch from the 18" wheels to the 19" wheels. Are the 19" more harsh on the ride quality compared to the 18"? Also, I live within the NYC metro area so the roads are not as well kept meaning there will be many even road, bumps, potholes....etc....
Just wanted to see if anyone who switched from 18 to 19s and their experience. Thank you.

Pretty much for the looks 😂
But if I don't have to spend that money, better for me.
I just posted this pic in another thread but if you haven’t seen what the 18”s look like under the aero covers they are actually good looking rims. Just get a $25 center cap kit (covers the lug nuts too) and a $25 storage bag for the aero covers.

F55EBAD3-27DD-4243-8D00-9F6AC3FD3C6A.jpeg

You get to keep the aero covers for long trips if you want the extra 2-4% efficiency and you get the 18” tires that are more compliant, provide better range, and are less expensive to replace (also with the taller side wall less likely to get road rash).

Last edited:
Reactions: MODEL+
I went from the 18s to the 19s for the look.

Can’t wait to wear out my QuietTracks so I can go back to the 18s. I’ve bent 3 wheels this winter so far - the potholes are killing me!

Problem is, the QuietTracks are SO good and wear like iron, it’s going to be a while.

Fantastic tires, hate the low profile of the 19s. I regret it, simply because of potholes.

I just posted this pic in another thread but if you haven’t seen what the 18”s look like under the aero covers they are actually good looking rims. Just get a $25 center cap kit (covers the lug nuts too) and a $25 storage bag for the aero covers.

View attachment 653946
You get to keep the aero covers for long trips if you want the extra 2-4% efficiency and you get the 18” tires that are more compliant, provide better range, and are less expensive to replace (also with the taller side wall less likely to get road rash).
I second this.
On top of that, 20/25mm spacers gives 18" Aeros a nice flush look.
dsc00439-jpg.653635

But just incase OP is adamant about new wheels, we have plenty of 19" options as well. Feel free to DM, we'll lace you up properly ;)
Danny

Reactions: chewychiu
Hi everyone. Hoping to get some feedback from your experience here. I'm planning to switch from the 18" wheels to the 19" wheels. Are the 19" more harsh on the ride quality compared to the 18"? Also, I live within the NYC metro area so the roads are not as well kept meaning there will be many even road, bumps, potholes....etc....
Just wanted to see if anyone who switched from 18 to 19s and their experience. Thank you.
I would think is but the difference should be too big. I'm planning to go bigger to 19" also.

I went from the 18s to the 19s for the look.

Can’t wait to wear out my QuietTracks so I can go back to the 18s. I’ve bent 3 wheels this winter so far - the potholes are killing me!

Problem is, the QuietTracks are SO good and wear like iron, it’s going to be a while.

Fantastic tires, hate the low profile of the 19s. I regret it, simply because of potholes.
Since you and I are right outside of the nyc area. I would say you probably talked me out of getting 19s. Unless I find a set in a really good price. But yeah, between potholes and constructions all around here, wheel and tire companies love it.

View attachment 653946
I actually asked Tesla to remove my covers before I even went for my delivery lol 😂
They told me I’m like the only one that ever ask to have them taken off before delivery. I know they’re pretty easy to take off but my response was “better you break them than me”. I do like the look under those aero covers.

Reactions: DrLOAC
Since you and I are right outside of the nyc area. I would say you probably talked me out of getting 19s. Unless I find a set in a really good price. But yeah, between potholes and constructions all around here, wheel and tire companies love it.

I love the look of the 19s. I like silver (yeah and chrome too!) — especially against the Pearl white paint.

But with the number of times I’ve had to get these wheels fixed .... fuggedaboudit. Wish I never sold my 18s. I could’ve at least used those for winter wheels but nooooo — someone (ie ME) didn’t want to store them in the shed.

Like I said, couldn’t be more pleased with the QuietTrack tires. But low profile + PANYNJ crossings don’t mix. Like, not at all.