Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" Winter Tires/Rims for P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I have a Model 3 Performance and ordered 18" XIce3's with a set of rims from PMCTires that were guaranteed to fit.

Went to get them installed, drove off and within 20 seconds came right back due to a loud noise from the back tires. Turns out the calipers were scraping against the rim! PMC said they've never encountered this, but are willing to take them back.

Does anyone here think perhaps the installers messed up? Are the back calipers larger? The front ones had enough clearance.

Here's the tire and rims:
Tires - 18" - 235/45-18 XIce3
Rims - Touren TR9 (Touren - TR9 - Matte Black)

Back calipers are the problem with 18 inch rims, they typically rub where the spoke meets the outer lip. My MT6 Vita rims barely clear the rear. Hasn't been a problem last Winter, will post if it becomes an issue.

Someone posted a solution of filing down the caliper slightly, not sure I'm willing to do that.

Reactions: yuvraj94
Back calipers are the problem with 18 inch rims, they typically rub where the spoke meets the outer lip. My MT6 Vita rims barely clear the rear. Hasn't been a problem last Winter, will post if it becomes an issue.

Someone posted a solution of filing down the caliper slightly, not sure I'm willing to do that.
I haven't seen any complaints on this which is odd .. so perhaps I'm better off going with 19s?