Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'18 X100D - HV battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone tried supercharging 100D in V2 and V3 after installing 2022.40.1. It should be better since they optimized charging curves depending on the type of supercharger.
Yes, now it can make the charging worse by heating less as the V2 may not need it. The charging certainly should not have improved, the thing that improved was the efficiency while driving towards the charger.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I didn't buy the extended warranty but my drive unit and battery are under stock warranty until 3/2026 (my birthday is 3/26 ironically) and we currently have like 106K on our P100D. To a point I hope mine fails before the warranty for obvious reasons. I'm glad this worked out for ya even though it's a refurb pack. I wonder if Tesla does that themselves or contracts out...I've watched pack opening videos and while easy with the proper table and tools, it's semi destructive getting the cover off.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
So....crap. I am in this predicament as of yesterday. SC is awaiting ETA for a replacement pack for our '18 100D. Only Uber credits as of now, waiting for a loaner. Hopefully it's weeks and not months. Ours died in our garage, so we luckily had a craft tow truck driver who was able to literally drag the car out of the car and onto a flatbed.

So....crap. I am in this predicament as of yesterday. SC is awaiting ETA for a replacement pack for our '18 100D. Only Uber credits as of now, waiting for a loaner. Hopefully it's weeks and not months. Ours died in our garage, so we luckily had a craft tow truck driver who was able to literally drag the car out of the car and onto a flatbed.
If they have confirmed that the battery pack is to be replaced, that should fall under the 8 yr warranty. When we were out of town we had to rent a vehicle in order to get back home. We later found out that the car rental would be covered under the battery warranty. When we picked up our Tesla from service, we gave them the receipt for that rental period. It wasn't long after we did receive a check. I would consult with your service advisor and see if that would be an option for you vs the uber credits. The local service center, ( not the place that repaired the car) was kind enough to allow us to pick up a loaner but that took about a week. This really helped out for we wasn't sure how long it would take for the repair and didn't want that much of a burden hitting our credit card for the rental. Sure we made some extra full day trips taken the rental back but who doesn't like road trips.