Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'18 X100D - HV battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it is not new, It is a remanufactured battery. We can't expect a new battery for 75K mile car after 4.5 years of ownership. Estimated miles showing 275 miles at 100% SOC. Original battery had 270 miles at 100% SOC.

Battery Part number: BATT, 100KWH, SX, REMANUFACTURED, RAVEN(1107679-01-E)

Service center took care of other issues I raised (half shaft issue for shudder, front control arm squeaking, applique replacement for fogging B-pillar camera) without any charge even though the car is out of warranty.
I beg to differ. A battery failure can happen at any time during the car’s life and a new pack is the best and most honest solution.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
No, it is not new, It is a remanufactured battery. We can't expect a new battery for 75K mile car after 4.5 years of ownership. Estimated miles showing 275 miles at 100% SOC. Original battery had 270 miles at 100% SOC.

Battery Part number: BATT, 100KWH, SX, REMANUFACTURED, RAVEN(1107679-01-E)

Service center took care of other issues I raised (half shaft issue for shudder, front control arm squeaking, applique replacement for fogging B-pillar camera) without any charge even though the car is out of warranty.
I meant is the range just like new (realizing the battery is remanufactured). Sounds like it is, so that’s great!

Just got my car back yesterday after 10 weeks since turning into SC.

from the invoice:
ASY,HV BATT,100KWH,REMAN,SX(1107679-01-E)
BATTERY, 12V,AtlasBX B19, Flooded(1046200-10-C)

currently 100% estimate is 277, don't know if it takes into account the 22' wheels.

last 2 weeks sucked, but I have my car back and it feels normal.

Reactions: Harvey Danger
Just got my car back yesterday after 10 weeks since turning into SC.

from the invoice:
ASY,HV BATT,100KWH,REMAN,SX(1107679-01-E)
BATTERY, 12V,AtlasBX B19, Flooded(1046200-10-C)

currently 100% estimate is 277, don't know if it takes into account the 22' wheels.

last 2 weeks sucked, but I have my car back and it feels normal.
Flooded? It’s a flood battery remanufactured?

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
In Taiwan, almost everyday we hear the case like you (high voltage battery replacement), most of cases shown BMS error log.
Now the service center has tons of MX, MS waiting for the batteries.
From user group estimation, the BMS issue percentage is over 10% , on the base of MX,MS sold in 2019 in Taiwan.

After HV battery replacement, the issue manifested in an unusual way. On a V3 charger, charging ramps up to 190KW briefly and at 31% SOC drop down to 94KW and stays on at that rate until 61% (slightly increase to 97KW when it gets close to 55%) . The battery temps are not in working range and I saw it shoot up to 55C in all the modules when it dropped from 150KW to 94KW. I don't have a power limited or battery overheating issue (no yellow bars in IC energy graph) but this doesn't look right.

My hypothesis is that the technician forgot to connect the cooling fan when he was replacing the HV battery or it is broken. I don't hear anything from the front which I usually do before the HV battery replacement.

Attachments

• PXL_20220227_224533434.jpg
    PXL_20220227_224533434.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 292
  • PXL_20220227_225654559.jpg
    PXL_20220227_225654559.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot_20220227-145436.png
    Screenshot_20220227-145436.png
    684 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
After HV battery replacement, the issue manifested in an unusual way. On a V3 charger, charging ramps up to 190KW briefly and at 31% SOC drop down to 94KW and stays on at that rate until 61% (slightly increase to 97KW when it gets close to 55%) . The battery temps are not in working range and I saw it shoot up to 55C in all the modules when it dropped from 150KW to 94KW. I don't have a power limited or battery overheating issue (no yellow bars in IC energy graph) but this doesn't look right.

My hypothesis is that the technician forgot to connect the cooling fan when he was replacing the HV battery or it is broken. I don't hear anything from the front which I usually do before the HV battery replacement.
No the new charging curve is like that, the gradual drop to 100kW at 66% is history. It was probably changed because the plaid has to look just a bit better.

The fan is not running with newer packs as they just work better and don't hear up that badly.

My 2018 X100D died yesterday one day after getting it back from SC for minor warranty repair. 23.5K miles. Thought it was 12V battery but Tesla insisted on towing it back to SC an hour away instead of sending mobile tech to replace 12V battery. Tesla sent a tow truck service that had no idea what to do with a totally dead vehicle that was still connected (and locked) to charger. I had to figure it all out.

Told me later HV battery needs replacing. Bemused at first but now I’m concerned anout the replacement after reading about other’s experiences. What should I be looking for? I believe my range at 100% was 285. What if the replacement gets less range?

I’m supposed to pickup loaner today. No idea what I’m getting but they basically told me first come first serve. I would hope I’d be getting an X loaner or at least a Y.

My 2018 X100D died yesterday one day after getting it back from SC for minor warranty repair. 23.5K miles. Thought it was 12V battery but Tesla insisted on towing it back to SC an hour away instead of sending mobile tech to replace 12V battery. Tesla sent a tow truck service that had no idea what to do with a totally dead vehicle that was still connected (and locked) to charger. I had to figure it all out.

Told me later HV battery needs replacing. Bemused at first but now I’m concerned anout the replacement after reading about other’s experiences. What should I be looking for? I believe my range at 100% was 285. What if the replacement gets less range?

I’m supposed to pickup loaner today. No idea what I’m getting but they basically told me first come first serve. I would hope I’d be getting an X loaner or at least a Y.
Insist in a like vehicle and a like or better battery.

Got it back today after 3 weeks. Wasn’t expecting it for a couple of months.

Correction: HV Battery Assembly (Remove & Replace)
BATT,100KWH,CAT1,REMAN,SX(1107679-01-A)

Battery - 12V (Remove & Replace)
12V,ATLASBX B19, FLOODED(1046200-10-C)

And for the surprise:

Correction: Halfshaft - Front Drive Unit - RH (2nd Generation) (Remove and Replace)
During repairs technician found RH front drive unite halfshaft damaged, leaking due to the boot damaged.

I guess that explains the gray colored substance that was toothpaste like in consistency I found on the garage floor after the X was towed away. It was a very small amount, like less than a teaspoon. I didn’t notice any issues so the repair was a surprise. Now notice it drives smoother. Definitely much better than the XP100D I had as a loaner. This was all fixed under warranty.

At 80%, I got 229 miles while I would previously get 227 at most at 80%. I just checked the Tesla app and it went over my charge limit of 80% and charged to 245. That’s weird because it had finished charging a couple of hours ago so I don’t know where this extra charge came from. App still shows I have set it to 80%.

Anyone tried supercharging 100D in V2 and V3 after installing 2022.40.1. It should be better since they optimized charging curves depending on the type of supercharger.
Would be nice, fur sure. The problem for the FSD Beta folks is we may never see this firmware update. Sure we have the Beta on both our X and Y but we'll be missing out on a lot of these features for a while.