Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18inch Tsportline wheels on model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll probably get better range if you went all seasons vs. the PS4S setup i have now on the TSS. I still love them and think i made a great decision to downsize to 18s.
I am not certain of this. I don’t actually think it will make a significant difference. I think the width of tire tread and tire pressure will affect efficiency more. I get pretty fantastic efficiency with my 235/45/18 PS4S tires.

This is actually better efficiency than the EPA number. This is about 345 miles of range in a Model 3 Performance.

F4176ED6-4674-4BB1-8DAD-E07F409F7A31.jpeg

Reactions: Apprunner and tm1v2
I am not certain of this. I don’t actually think it will make a significant difference. I think the width of tire tread and tire pressure will affect efficiency more. I get pretty fantastic efficiency with my 235/45/18 PS4S tires.

This is actually better efficiency than the EPA number. This is about 345 miles of range in a Model 3 Performance.

View attachment 856051
Yeah this! If I drive like a normal person I get similar numbers with 245/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza Sport, same 300 TW class as @mpgxsvcd's Michelin PS4S, in 10mm wider size. I was seeing 23x Wh/mi on a 40 mile mostly highway commute yesterday, driving in the fast lane but at sane speeds nothing "reckless."

I'm sure LRR eco tires like the MXM4 would be measurably even better, but who wants to cripple an M3P with MXM4?! Yuck.

I used to assume a performance allseason would split the efficiency difference vs summer performance street tires, but nowadays I'm doubtful, the efficiency with 300 TW 18" is better than I expected. I was merely hoping for no loss of efficiency vs stock 20" setup, but actually efficiency really got better. Efficiency isn't a reason to avoid summer tires on this car. (If you wouldn't actually use the extra performance from summer tires, then sure, a longer-lasting allseason makes more sense, even if it's not more efficient.)

I’ve actually got 18” MXM4s on my M3P. /shrug

Edit: and, for the record, efficiency is better with these than it was with the same size PS4 that I was using before. Even after raising my ride height back to near stock M3P height.

Last edited: