Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19’’ Sport Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

this is my first post here and I am trying to find out what I really want on my Tesla model 3 before placing an order.
What's the consensus about the 19’’ Sport Wheels? Are they coming with all-season tires?
My understanding is that the 20" wheels on the Performance model are equipped with summer tires and in general they won't be any good for colder climate and/or potholes. How about the 19" ones?
I eliminated the 18" wheels because of their esthetics, so I assume the only choice left is the 19" wheels.
Will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks!
Peter

Hi guys,

this is my first post here and I am trying to find out what I really want on my Tesla model 3 before placing an order.
What's the consensus about the 19’’ Sport Wheels? Are they coming with all-season tires?
My understanding is that the 20" wheels on the Performance model are equipped with summer tires and in general they won't be any good for colder climate and/or potholes. How about the 19" ones?
I eliminated the 18" wheels because of their esthetics, so I assume the only choice left is the 19" wheels.
Will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks!
Peter

Yes, all-seasons on the 19" wheels. I replaced my 18s with the 19s - like the all-seasons, and haven't had pothole issues. Kinda best of all worlds - I'm somewhat surprised they're not more popular. I don't particularly like the 20" rubber band tires. :)

Reactions: Rachmaninov
What did you choose for rims and tires?

My wheels are the Tesla 19" Sport wheels. The tires are the Bridgestone Turanza QuietTracks. Great combo in my book; the handling is excellent, wear so far looks great... Took a small efficiency hit (about 3%) - but that was to be expected.

IMG_4959.jpeg

I have the 19’ sport wheels. I’ve only had the car for a month but no complaints about the ride or the look. Others with more experience with them will surely chime in. The data on the 18’s is real so should be a consideration if you plan on longer drives. Best of luck.

My wheels are the Tesla 19" Sport wheels. The tires are the Bridgestone Turanza QuietTracks. Great combo in my book; the handling is excellent, wear so far looks great... Took a small efficiency hit (about 3%) - but that was to be expected.

View attachment 596478

That's almost exactly what I did. But a slightly different Pirelli tire (no pesky foam either). I felt I lost nothing over the 18" (with Aero Covers).
The OEM Continental's are way more Summer leaning even though they are classified as all season. They will stick better but cost more in Energy and not last as long. If I were to order a 3 today, I'd just get the 19" and use a different tire once they are used up.

Reactions: dmurphy
I have the 19’ sport wheels. I’ve only had the car for a month but no complaints about the ride or the look. Others with more experience with them will surely chime in. The data on the 18’s is real so should be a consideration if you plan on longer drives. Best of luck.
I would definitely prefer the 20" black wheels like in the Performance model, but changing tires for winter and being constantly wary of the potholes doesn't sound very good to me. I wish they offered the 19" wheels in black.

Reactions: NpOverspeed
get them painted aftermarket
So, I ended up ordering 18" areo wheels instead, in the anticipation of the upcoming M3 refresh with chrome delete finish. It was, unfortunately, the only option for me. Painting the 19" wheels doesn't sound good to me. At least I will have a slightly better range, less expensive tires and in case I hit the curb it will be easy to get the new covers for the 18" wheels.

Agreed, but I suppose they would be the least expensive in case the replacement is needed.

Unfortunately, not really. The way the aero covers sit, they’re “inside” the edge of the wheel, if that makes sense.

So if you do catch a curb, even with the Aero covers on, you’d still catch the outer rim of the wheel. The good news is the Ford touch-up paint for the wheel is cheap, and if you had to replace a wheel, they’re also available cheap.

Congratulations on your purchase by the way! You’ll love it!

• Informative
Reactions: Big_nobody
I also swapped from 18" to the 19" sport wheels. I went with the OEM Hankook summer tires and so far I'm very happy with them. Handling and grip are noticeably better. The ride is rougher but I'm used to that. I switched for the look and I prefer lower profile tires.

So, I ended up ordering 18" areo wheels instead, in the anticipation of the upcoming M3 refresh with chrome delete finish. It was, unfortunately, the only option for me. Painting the 19" wheels doesn't sound good to me. At least I will have a slightly better range, less expensive tires and in case I hit the curb it will be easy to get the new covers for the 18" wheels.
The only effect the Aero covers have IF you curb a wheel bad enough you won't be able to easily put them back on...haha I had to take a hammer to my 18" stock rim when I put them back on the other day after pretty much never using them before.

View attachment 596478
Hi, So your Turanza Quiet Track 19" tires are on my short list and I can get them out the door for $918 at Costco until 4/13. I'm moving to Florida in a month and I'm looking to upgrade my rashed out 18" stock rims to something nicer in 19" and get new tires. Are those tires a winner? Clearly they have the best mileage warranty of anything on my list and WELL above the Pilot Sports. Anyone want to help me make a great choice? I don't like the color of the OEM 19" wheels as I have a Midnight Silver vehicle with 20% tint. Thanks in advanbce.