Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Slipstreams compatibility with refreshed S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a refreshed S LR on order and am curious if my 19” slipstreams from my current ‘17 S 90D would work....Does anyone know if the rims will be compatible? It seems like there are still many unkowns out there for the new one....

I have 2 sets of wheels and am thinking of powder coating my slipstreams matte black and putting them on the refreshed S - thoughts? Not too happy with the stock wheels and don’t want to pony up for the big ones....

not sure of the bolt pattern, probably still 5x120 but the refreshed 19" tempest are supposedly staggered. 255/45 and 285/40 rears

not sure how accurate the tire size picture is on the order page but it looks like 255/45/19 is on the front wheel. however, on the X order page it shows 225, and the tire doesn't change when switching from 20 to 21, they just photoshopped a 21 over the 20.

anyways you asked if it is compatible - probably but tires might look skinny

I am 90% sure they will fit, since the newer cars seem to just have wider tires in all four corners. I highly doubt Tesla went as far as changing the bolt pattern, however the 245 series tires all around may look very inset in the body. This can be fixed with a set of spacers though, which is much cheaper than getting a brand new set of rims and tires!

Reactions: kosarfan
Anyone tried the old 19" slipstream on a Model S 2021 LR or Plaid?

Beside the fact that they are narrower at 19x8, from the spec it seems like it should work. I don't understand why Tesla recommends against.

This post mentions the OEM staggered setup is also 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 for Winter tires:
I thought staggered setup was a bad idea for winter tires?

TSportline does 19x10 with different front and rear offsets; Model S Wheel and Winter Tire Package (June 2021 - Present)
19x10 seems quite wide for Winter tires! That concerns me.