Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” winter wheel set for model s refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up a model s tomorrow with 21” wheels. I was planning on picking up a 19” set for winter but I see in the website not only are they all sold out but it appears that the previous 19” are maybe not compatible with the refresh? Can anyone recommend a wheel set that I could get my hands on in time for winter in the northeast?

TSportline is a pretty popular option for Tesla wheels. I've seen a post on here a few weeks ago that said they called and talked to TSporline and they said they will have "flow forged" wheels for the refresh released around the October timeframe instead of just the "forged" wheels they are offering now.

Here's the link to the existing Refresh wheels that are a little higher cost. Check out the non-refresh S wheels for an estimate of the price of the flow forged.

Hope that helps.

So after spending weeks trying to figure out the right wheel and tire combo for my 21 LR Refresh, i finally got a set of wheels and tires on order.

I did not want to spend insane amount of money on winter tires, and i wanted square fit, and not worry about the flushness of the wheels. On top, many dont look at this, but lots of aftermarket wheels have load limits (19") taht do not meet the needs of the model S. So i opted for this:

These wheels are not too expensive, flow formed. Load rating is 1984lbs, they are pretty light weight, the bore matches the tesla. For the width they are 0.5" less than the fronts, but i compensated by adjusting the offset to +30mm. As i have 19" staggered this is the impact:

FRONT: 16mm more room on the inside, 4 mm extended at the fender
REAR: 34 mm more room inside, and 4mm retracted at the fender

For the tires, its really hard to find wniters now, so i am getting the Continental Viking 7 in the 255/45/19 size.

I hope this helps some people here, as this has been insanely difficult to find affordable winter tire packages. Most tire dealers and sites still quote the OLDER model S wheels of 245/45/19 on 19x8.5" wheels which supposedly doesnt work. However these rims seem to be PERFECT, although i hate the way they look, they are still better than steelies :)

1635433908506.png