Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Apollo wheels with Gemini caps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zoomit

Sep 1, 2015
SoCal
According to the newly-published Model Y Electronic Parts Catalog, they call the standard 19” wheel “Apollo” and the caps “Gemini”.

Maybe someday they’ll offer other caps besides the Gemini style. I’m not holding my breathe as the Model 3 Aero caps take a lot of flack for their looks but have persisted without other options.

0136203E-FE8C-4CFD-809E-C937897F93C2.jpeg
5AC252AB-1827-4252-B9E5-4CFA960E37C9.jpeg

I should add that “Gemini” wheels also exist. Those are the wheels behind the Gemini caps offered for the Model 3. The Gemini caps are the same between Model 3 and Y but the Model 3 Gemini wheels are 19x8.5 ET35 while the Model Y Apollo wheels are 19x9.5 ET45. To add to the confusion, Tesla also calls the Model 3 Gemini wheels and caps “Power Sports” in China.

4C1BD562-7F86-42B2-BB15-F6DC67477CD8.jpeg

Model-3-performance-wheels_in-person_9.jpg

I should add that “Gemini” wheels also exist. Those are the wheels behind the Gemini caps offered for the Model 3. The Gemini caps are the same between Model 3 and Y but the Model 3 Gemini wheels are 19x8.5 ET35 while the Model Y Apollo wheels are 19x9.5 ET45. To add to the confusion, Tesla also calls the Model 3 Gemini wheels and caps “Power Sports” in China.

View attachment 547084
Model-3-performance-wheels_in-person_9.jpg

They should have named them Dragon or Falcon, and the cover Falcon Heavy....in keeping with the times. :eek:

Do we know how much the 19 inch wheels are direct from Tesla and how much the caps are? What about the TPMS?
You could check with a Service Center on the wheels and caps. I haven't seen their prices posted online. I do expect a winter tire package to come out this fall, but that's just reasonable speculation.

The Model Y TPMS Bluetooth sensors are $75 per wheel and are not available aftermarket.

According to the newly-published Model Y Electronic Parts Catalog, they call the standard 19” wheel “Apollo” and the caps “Gemini”.

Maybe someday they’ll offer other caps besides the Gemini style. I’m not holding my breathe as the Model 3 Aero caps take a lot of flack for their looks but have persisted without other options.

View attachment 547076 View attachment 547077

How does one order something from the electronic parts catalog? I can’t seem to figure it out. It I’m on my iPad as opposed to a computer, could that be my issue? Also there are no prices for anything. I’m looking at the Apollo wheels since I’ve rashes 2 of them. Ugh. Just curious how much they are if I wanted to replace them.

How does one order something from the electronic parts catalog? I can’t seem to figure it out. It I’m on my iPad as opposed to a computer, could that be my issue? Also there are no prices for anything. I’m looking at the Apollo wheels since I’ve rashes 2 of them. Ugh. Just curious how much they are if I wanted to replace them.
You can’t buy through the EPC. You need to contact a service center and buy through them.

Reactions: NJEV-Don
For a state of the art company, it's absurd not to be able to order parts online. The SCs are hard to reach on phone and if you're lucky enough to live a reasonable distance from an SC you are not a priority in ordering parts. I went to my local one just yesterday to order an extra bumper hitch cover. At first I was chastised for coming in without an appointment and even though I was standing 10+ feet away from the only customer they had, I was told to go to waiting room (penalty box). Gave up and left after 30 minutes. The only other part I had ever ordered was the brake controller pigtail for towing, that was over 2 months ago and never heard from them on it.

Reactions: jetsurgn