Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Gemini Wheels - Powder Coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all... I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere (if it has, I can’t find it!), but has anyone seen any of the 19” Gemini’s that have been powder coated?

I love the look of the darker 20” rims but will be traveling from AZ to CA quite often in my Model Y and would like to keep the increased range. I’m hoping that a possibility exists to have the best of both worlds.

TIA

Reactions: Dadiggaman
I haven't seen any powder coated Geminis yet, but several people have used plastidip to make the rims black. I plan on powder coating in the next 2-3 weeks and have been quoted $120/wheel in the North Jersey area. I love a good dark gray wheel!

Reactions: MrWattson
I haven't seen any powder coated Geminis yet, but several people have used plastidip to make the rims black. I plan on powder coating in the next 2-3 weeks and have been quoted $120/wheel in the North Jersey area. I love a good dark gray wheel!

Make sure you post pics. I prefer the dark grey over silver and black and would like to see how it looks on the Y.

I was probably too specific when I referenced powder coating, I was looking for any sort of color change etc, but was just unsure of the other processes.

Interesting to hear about plastic dip, I’ll have to look into it more. Thanks!

IMG_6354.jpg
Dipped mine black.

Hi all... I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere (if it has, I can’t find it!), but has anyone seen any of the 19” Gemini’s that have been powder coated?
(Skip ahead to 9:40)

I like the two tone look. His painted wheels have the normally silver part blackened, so the normally dark part is now the lighter part.

For now I'm just keeping the default. They don't look too bad and you get used to them. They are much better (IMHO) than the Areo wheels on the 3 (which I removed from my wife's car, I could not stand them).

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I used to think i wanted to plastidip my Gemini's but the results I have seen are kind of pale vs the darker matte black I like from the induction wheels. I think RPMTesla shows an example of a powder coated Gemini wheel (not hubcaps) in this picture of their center Y caps
Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 4.23.47 PM.png

First post so I hope this helps!