Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Gemini Wheels - Powder Coating?

kingjamez

Apr 4, 2017
Fairfax, VA
Check out RIM RINGZ they are one piece that clip between the tire/wheel. I had them on my vettes and even when I tracked them they didn't come loose. Not sure how they will work with the tires/wheels Tesla uses, but they were great on my vette's preventing curb rash.
Thanks! I'll check that out.
Are wheel bands compatible with the Gemini's? Abstract Ocean's site says only compatible with the 20" Inductions. Wheel Bands
They are not compatible, that's why I posted the question. You can install them, but they won't do any good.

-Jim

jx45

Mar 22, 2020
So Cal
@KJD & @dale_cooper some more photos
thumbnail_IMG_2408.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2405.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2404.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2384.jpg

PNWLeccy

Jul 11, 2019
Seattle
Powdercoated looks great but if it really costs ~$750 to get it done, it's tempting to just buy new wheels and sell the geminis. I don't know what the market price are for them but I saw some listed on FB Marketplace for $260/wheel.

Reactions: imola.zhp

dale_cooper

Dec 5, 2018
Columbus, OH
Thanks @jx45 Offset of the wheels looks really weird in the picture - which is so werid because allegedly both the gemini and induction wheels are +45 offset. These look much more tucked in the fender which is bleh. Maybe just the photos

ElementPowder

Nov 29, 2017
AZ
Hi all... I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere (if it has, I can’t find it!), but has anyone seen any of the 19” Gemini’s that have been powder coated?

I love the look of the darker 20” rims but will be traveling from AZ to CA quite often in my Model Y and would like to keep the increased range. I’m hoping that a possibility exists to have the best of both worlds.

TIA

I do powdercoating in AZ, Shoot me a message if you want to discuss, You can look at my work at @elementpowdercoats on IG

• Helpful
Reactions: 907XCP

steve86

Jun 4, 2020
SoCal
This is exactly what I had planned to do but does anyone think this makes the rim look even smaller than it does with the covers on? Too much gap in the wheel well?

Anyone seen these wheels powder coated in gunmetal/dark silver?

The powder coating looks nice and makes me want to do the same but I think it makes the rim look smaller.

jmatero

Feb 5, 2020
San Jose, CA, USA
This is exactly what I had planned to do but does anyone think this makes the rim look even smaller than it does with the covers on? Too much gap in the wheel well?

Anyone seen these wheels powder coated in gunmetal/dark silver?

I agree. The wheels look bigger with the covers on. They look tiny painted black.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC