Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Gemini Wheels - Powder Coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my set powder coated for $650, located in Torrance CA.
DSC03430.JPG

I used to own a Wheel Repair shop before I retired. Our lowest price was $134 each including tire dismount, mount and balance, and TPMS removal and install. Color restricted to low gloss and gloss black (because we bought those colors in large quantities. Custom colors were more.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
I used to think i wanted to plastidip my Gemini's but the results I have seen are kind of pale vs the darker matte black I like from the induction wheels. I think RPMTesla shows an example of a powder coated Gemini wheel (not hubcaps) in this picture of their center Y caps
View attachment 557819

First post so I hope this helps!
Wondering if you ever got those
I haven't seen any powder coated Geminis yet, but several people have used plastidip to make the rims black. I plan on powder coating in the next 2-3 weeks and have been quoted $120/wheel in the North Jersey area. I love a good dark gray wheel!
I haven't seen any powder coated Geminis yet, but several people have used plastidip to make the rims black. I plan on powder coating in the next 2-3 weeks and have been quoted $120/wheel in the North Jersey area. I love a good dark gray wheel!
I realize it’s been a while since this post. I was wondering if you ever got the powder coating done (I’d be interested in satin black like the 20” Inductions) and if it haze held up well. If they did a good job, I’d also be curious where you went, since I’m in the NNJ area too.

Rich - This is exactly the spec I am looking at but haven't been able to see any powder coated gemini's in person. Are you able to provide any additional photos from other angels?
I got mine rims and hubcaps powder coated to satin black at Exotic Car-LA. $175/rim and $50/hubcaps. they did a great job. They have been giving me free curb rash repair on the rims. must be my bad driving, not wanting to park too far away from the curb or squeezing into a tight parking spot.

Where in north Jersey are you going for powder coating? I’m in Jersey too and would like possibility too

Sure, why not? The Aero covers are held in place by clips to the center 'hole' of the wheel. I can't speak about scratching them, however, as I've never had p/c'd wheels....
I believe I've read from others that the gemini caps do in fact scratch the finish. Which is a bummer since I'd like to have the option of using them after getting the wheels powder coated black.

I wonder if there's a way to put 3m foam over the clips so they don't scratch but not sure if that would prevent them from locking in. I don't have the wheels/aero covers yet to take a look at

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung