Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Gemini Wheels to 20” TST Tsportline Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
I did change from Geminis to the TST 20" with Michelin A/S3+ tires. It's really hard to tell how much worse the consumption got as I did that after a few 100 miles. As well I'm pretty sure the AS/3+ tires have more rolling resistance than the OEM ones (but they are excellent in every other measure).

My feeling is that consumption is definitely worse, average consumption over the last 2K miles or so is 307 Wh/m including a long roadtrip. Local trips (without freeway) I get around 280 Wh/m.

BTW: 307 is around 15% more than my 2018 Leaf, so considering the difference in weight and acceleration capacity (I have the Acceleration Boost) I think that's not bad at all.

Last edited:
I did change from Geminis to the TST 20" with Michelin A/S3+ tires. It's really hard to tell how much worse the consumption got as I did that after a few 100 miles. As well I'm pretty sure the AS/3+ tires have more rolling resistance than the OEM ones (but they are excellent in every other measure).

My feeling is that consumption is definitely worse, average consumption over the last 2K miles or so is 307 Wh/m including a long roadtrip. Local trips (without freeway) I get around 280 Wh/m.

BTW: 307 is around 15% more than my 2018 Leaf, so considering the difference in weight and acceleration capacity (I have the Acceleration Boost) I think that's not bad at all.

what size tire did you go with?

Wow, they are 4 lbs heavier than stock. I was expecting them to be around 28-29 lbs but not 35 lbs.

the 20” TsT weighs 30.35lbs... But after researching I found some other wheels that looks similar to the TsT wheels. It also has similar spec 20x10/5x114.3/64.1 Bore/+40 offset... Difference is that it only weighs 28lbs., which is lighter than the Gemini and Induction wheels. The cost seems to be cheaper also.

Replika R241
https://www.replika.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=r241&fn=satin+black

I wonder going with the 20x10 r241 which is lighter than 19” Gemini’s will at least minimize the range hit even more.

Last edited:
Typo on their website?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201201-193350_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201201-193350_Chrome.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 169
I would not recommend that as it will surely decrease efficiency. Though it would mitigate the problem that the 10" width is IMHO too much for 255 tires. Here's some pictures:

View attachment 613926 View attachment 613927

You mean 265?

That’s a bit of a stretch... How does the road feel compare to your Gemini’s? Can you feel a significant change? I’ve been looking for 9.5 width and maybe 9 on some 20’s... Mostly I’m seeing with the wheels that I like are either 10 or 8.5... 8.5’s are just too narrow for me.

Thanks for the great pics!!!

Your pics depict my fear that the rim is too wide for the tires and are therefore prime candidates for curb rash from being driven by my wife and daughter and even me(although extremely unlikely ).
But I’m concerned about efficiency and think you are correct.

You mean 265?

That’s a bit of a stretch... How does the road feel compare to your Gemini’s? Can you feel a significant change? I’ve been looking for 9.5 width and maybe 9 on some 20’s... Mostly I’m seeing with the wheels that I like are either 10 or 8.5... 8.5’s are just too narrow for me.
Eh, no I meant 255. 255 would be much happier with the stock 9.5" or even less, 10" is really a stretch. So one way to improve on that would be to fit wider tires on this 10" wheel. Though you may run into a problem with the front tires rubbing when on full left or right turn.

Again hard to tell the difference since I had the Geminis for a few weeks back in May... Main difference I would say is that the Michelin A/S 3+ handle way better than the 19" OEM tires.

Thanks for the great pics!!!

Your pics depict my fear that the rim is too wide for the tires and are therefore prime candidates for curb rash from being driven by my wife and daughter and even me(although extremely unlikely ).
You're welcome. Yes, I am a very careful driver but did that on both the rear and front passenger side wheels. I trusted the backup camera lines :(

Eh, no I meant 255. 255 would be much happier with the stock 9.5" or even less, 10" is really a stretch. So one way to improve on that would be to fit wider tires on this 10" wheel. Though you may run into a problem with the front tires rubbing when on full left or right turn.

Again hard to tell the difference since I had the Geminis for a few weeks back in May... Main difference I would say is that the Michelin A/S 3+ handle way better than the 19" OEM tires.

what do you think about 255 front and 265 rear. Since the tests are more likely to rub while backing up on a curb? Give that staggered look that the MYP and BMWs have.

what do you think about 255 front and 265 rear. Since the tests are more likely to rub while backing up on a curb? Give that staggered look that the MYP and BMWs have.
Had that on my 2018 X3 - 245 in front and 275 rear. It looks great, but obvious downside is that you can't rotate the tires all the way around. For me the only advantage is that it looks better (but I think you would hardly notice it with 255 vs 265).