Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” max performance summer tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m planning on doing a bit of road trips with the Y so going to replace the uberturbines with a set of 19x9.5 +35 wheels I already have.

I’ve had a set of Michelin Super Sport, MP4s, and A/S 3+ (with larger diameter since it was on a CUV instead of a sedan). I really like the comfort, performance, and relatively long life (15k miles with decent tread left) of the MP4S and I’m ok with the cost as I feel tires are very important on a vehicle. Most of my driving is in warm weather year round. The issue is the MP4S doesn’t come in 255/45, so debating if 265/40 would work just fine (-2.5% in diameter; speedometer will read 70mph when actually going 68.x). I was searching for reviews on MP4 for SUV but couldn’t find much....was hoping Tyre Reviews (on YouTube) would have a vid on one. Anyone have great experiences with any particular tires comparable to the MP4S that’s available in 255/45 or just order the 265/40?

Also, have a set of 21” Uberturbine/tires with 20 miles for sale if anyone is interested in Tampa, Fl

Thanks

... (-2.5% in diameter; speedometer will read 70mph when actually going 68.x)...

With my stock 19" wheels, my speedometer already reads 70 when going ~68.5 according to my GPS. I wouldn't want it off more in that direction because the autosteer +5 MPH limit is really 3.5 MPH. Sadly, this annoys other drivers now, so just +1 MPH would annoy them even more.

I have MPS4s on my PUP in 20s. Love them
1F6189D6-AACF-47E4-BE42-71CE11C3533A.jpeg