Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Slipstreams compatibility with refreshed S?

kosarfan

Nov 29, 2016
Carmel, IN
Have a refreshed S LR on order and am curious if my 19” slipstreams from my current ‘17 S 90D would work....Does anyone know if the rims will be compatible? It seems like there are still many unkowns out there for the new one....

I have 2 sets of wheels and am thinking of powder coating my slipstreams matte black and putting them on the refreshed S - thoughts? Not too happy with the stock wheels and don’t want to pony up for the big ones....

TitsAndWatts

Mar 10, 2021
Los Angeles
not sure of the bolt pattern, probably still 5x120 but the refreshed 19" tempest are supposedly staggered. 255/45 and 285/40 rears

not sure how accurate the tire size picture is on the order page but it looks like 255/45/19 is on the front wheel. however, on the X order page it shows 225, and the tire doesn't change when switching from 20 to 21, they just photoshopped a 21 over the 20.

anyways you asked if it is compatible - probably but tires might look skinny

kosarfan

Nov 29, 2016
Carmel, IN
Thanks! Trying to figure out if it is worth powder coating them....probably not if they won’t be a proper fit. I guess we won’t really know until we start receiving them as to what the specs really are....

pabla

Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
I am 90% sure they will fit, since the newer cars seem to just have wider tires in all four corners. I highly doubt Tesla went as far as changing the bolt pattern, however the 245 series tires all around may look very inset in the body. This can be fixed with a set of spacers though, which is much cheaper than getting a brand new set of rims and tires!

Reactions: kosarfan

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC