Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” sport wheels - £1450 option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note that many people identified that the long delays in their orders were due to ordering with the 19 inch wheels. Not sure if this will still be the case.

Tesla do also sell the 19 inch sport wheel as an additional set, should you wish to purchase them after delivery of your M3. I was quoted just under £2,500 including tyres, pressure sensors and fitting.

How would you check if there is plentiful supply? I’m considering ordering a LR with the 19 wheels

Short of asking in a showroom to see if there is any info (they should be aware if the previous 19" issues so should be understanding of your question) [usual caveat about asking 5 different members of staff the same question and getting 6 different answers], you will only have empirical data based upon others UK experiences.

Not ideal, but something to watch as your order progresses. imho order what you want without second guessing supply and be prepared to compromise if delays set in.

In early days of Model 3, we had a spreadsheet of orders and over the months of wait as estimates slipped, it became clear that several combinations were problematical - in those days it was iirc blue, white interior, tow and 19" wheels - any of which could cause delay. Hopefully Tesla are a bit better at predicting, but some were supply limited - white interior, tow and 19" - evidence that white interior might be an issue now - I understand that that option has been restricted, much as happened in early days, along with LR AWD.

Reactions: JS77
Note that many people identified that the long delays in their orders were due to ordering with the 19 inch wheels. Not sure if this will still be the case.

Tesla do also sell the 19 inch sport wheel as an additional set, should you wish to purchase them after delivery of your M3. I was quoted just under £2,500 including tyres, pressure sensors and fitting.
When did you get this quote and from which SC?
I have just received a set of bare 19" alloys from Heathrow this week and they cost me £2400+ for four without tyres.

Here’s the full quotation breakdown
4886E5A2-A8B2-44CB-95A8-A053560EAD06.jpeg

Reactions: Bongy
Here’s the full quotation breakdown View attachment 504234
Looks like I've been ripped off.
When I queried if the £2462 I had been quoted included tyres & sensors this was the reply from West Drayton on 13-01-20 ....
"I apologise for the confusion as I wasn’t aware of this price change. The price of £491.67 + VAT each wheel is correct and is for wheel only.

Our prices are always subject to change and unfortunately on this occasion they have."
I can't even ring to query the cost with someone higher up.

Looks like I've been ripped off.
When I queried if the £2462 I had been quoted included tyres & sensors this was the reply from West Drayton on 13-01-20 ....
"I apologise for the confusion as I wasn’t aware of this price change. The price of £491.67 + VAT each wheel is correct and is for wheel only.

Our prices are always subject to change and unfortunately on this occasion they have."
I can't even ring to query the cost with someone higher up.
That can’t be right. I get price fluctuations. But they’ve basically quoted you over double the price for the alloys alone.

£241.67 + VAT vs £491.67 + VAT

• Informative
Reactions: Radders

wow - can you send a copy please ?
Have just been sent quote from Tesla for 19" x 4 oem - no tpms or tyres for £2,300 !

Thx dctek.
I can confirm that for me, the 19" sport wheels were the delivery delay.
I ordered a LWD with 19" early Dec. Nothing at all on delivery.
Last week: I gave up and opted for an LWD from 'existing inventory models'. Have been vin matched and emailed by Tesla to say 'expect a delivery date to be emailed to you in 6d, with delivery expected +1 week after.
A big out out to 'Kirk' at Dartford Tesla. He's been really helpful and pro-active.

Thx dctek.
I can confirm that for me, the 19" sport wheels were the delivery delay.
I ordered a LWD with 19" early Dec. Nothing at all on delivery.
Last week: I gave up and opted for an LWD from 'existing inventory models'. Have been vin matched and emailed by Tesla to say 'expect a delivery date to be emailed to you in 6d, with delivery expected +1 week after.
A big out out to 'Kirk' at Dartford Tesla. He's been really helpful and pro-active.
Ha, Kirk is still yet to respond to my emails from over a month ago. Must have caught him on bad day(s)