Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19” Sports wheels Model 3 LR UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’ve specced the 19” sports wheel on my M3LR, due to arrive in Nov/Dec.

However, I’ve never seen the wheels and have read a thread on Reddit that suggest the 19” wheels were just a plastic cover over the actual wheel like the aero covers are. Photo attached.

I was hoping they are all alloy, like they used to be on the old M3 Performance.

Can anyone who has the 19” sports wheels confirm if the wheels are all alloy or a mix of alloy and plastic cover..?

106FC094-07D5-4B09-B1AD-F2A5D3A0C87F.png

Attachments

• 2C862A99-A303-47B7-98B6-7D292570E0E0.png
    2C862A99-A303-47B7-98B6-7D292570E0E0.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 217
Yes, they are aluminum just like the original sport wheels and the performance wheels. The black center cap is plastic of course and hasn't changed since the 2017 launch - the same cap is used on all 4 wheel designs (old/new 19" and old/new 20").

The Reddit spaz was just speculating that they might be plastic because of the very prominent relief around the valve stem but no, that's all just shaped into the metal.

Reactions: couplands
Yes, they are aluminum just like the original sport wheels and the performance wheels. The black center cap is plastic of course and hasn't changed since the 2017 launch - the same cap is used on all 4 wheel designs (old/new 19" and old/new 20").

The Reddit spaz was just speculating that they might be plastic because of the very prominent relief around the valve stem but no, that's all just shaped into the metal.
Great, I’ve now got my delivery date so didn’t want to change the order…👍

Indeed. Both the wheels shown above are the OEM vanilla 19s (no aero covers on there) with the left being the early production pre-facelift design called 'Stiletto' (2017-2020), and the one on the right being the current production post-facelift (2021+ black window trim, new headlights, new door panels, new center console, heat pump, etc) design.

There are also the MiC Model 3 'Gemini' 19s that are now available globally which DO have aero-covers like the pre and post facelift 18s.... they look more akin to the base wheels on the Model Y globally.

Some people have gotten both the MiC Model 3 Geminis fitted on MiA Model 3s and the Model Y Geminis mated to the MiA Model 3s.

Reactions: couplands