TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

19”sport wheels - All season or summers?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Birdman325, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Just placed my order last night (June 30,11:30 pm) for blue LR AWD PUP EAP and I have been going back and forth between the 18 inch aeros and the 19 inch port wheels. I even changed my order once already.
    I am pretty sure the 18 inch ship with all seasons. Does anyone know if the 19inch will ship in Canada with summers or all seasons?

2. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

All seasons I think

3. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

All seasons

4. ben1628

ben1628 Member

18 inch is actually better, smooth ride...

5. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

#5 03DSG, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    The 19” Conti ProContact RX are made in one size only and are specifically made for the Model 3. They are XL rated and ContiSilent designed. Treadwear rating of 400 compared to the 18” Michelin OEM’s 500. They will definitely perform better in the summer. By that I mean handling and braking exclusively not mileage/range. Both are ‘All Season’.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ProContact+RX&partnum=34WR9PCRXXLCOSI&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Model%203&autoModClar=

My personal choice for 19” performance summers would be Michelin Pilot Sport 4S:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+4S&partnum=34YR9PS4SXLV2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2018&autoModel=Model%203&autoModClar=

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1