Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19.12.1.2 Killing my MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...
Week or so ago I got the above update, all seemed fine then i noticed in a public charger at work that on two separate days my cable was getting stuck in the charger i suspect it was the charger and still think this but it's the first time it's happened.

On Tuesday this week after spending 20 mins getting my cable out the machine i go to drive off only my car had other ideas, it wouldn't go into drive, the MCU was on but the main instrument cluster was black, reboot after reboot nothing happened, i called service and whilst they found no issues the car woke up whilst on the phone.

"keep an eye on it and see how it goes" confidence boosting for sure...

Anyway, jumped in my car this morning, main MCU is dead but instrument display on, foot on brake and normally id get asked for my PIN but nothing, tried a reset four times and nothing, got out locked, unlocked got back in and nothing.

Called roadside and it appears Tessy went to sleep last night and hasn't woken up, app is also dead and wont connect to car so here i am waiting for a two so I can get my other car out the garage to get to work :(

Ilove these cars boy do these things test you.

• Informative
Reactions: thegruf
Tow truck came but was too big to fit in my drive, 2nd and smaller two truck came also couldn’t fit.

The guys put a 12v booster on the car and guess what it rebooted and would drive thankfully onto the back of the flatbed, now just to wait a few weeks for a fix.