Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well then, WTF, I guess. Why can’t we have nice things? Wonder if it’s a test in Europe? Reading that turn signal BS, I wonder if there’s some minor detail they violate?
You can have dynamic brake lights by turning on an additional light without blinking it. Also the non dynamic portion of the light must already be big enough to suffice on its own as a compliant brake light....

Also most cars have coding that you can do via diagnostic cables for switching the behavior of the brake lights. I always reprogrammed my Audi to disable start stop and enable dynamic brake lights. Technically not compliant but if it’s the dealership doing it and not the manufacturer no laws are broken :)

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I assume he knows how to use the hardware. :D The wacky thing I ran into on our new 3 was when I was plugging in the car for my GF when she got home. If she was still in the car, the wand would not open the chargeport door. I’d never heard of this before, perhaps a new thing assuming if you are in the car you don’t want the next car over at the Supercharger opening your port.

It did open to a tap. I thought the radio part was broken until I waited for her to get out once. Talk about incomplete documentation.

Got the update & used AP On a 4 hr drive. Blind spot works great. Havent seen the red light mode in action yet.

Btw: Had a hiccup on a well defined local road in which my X abruptly steered right heading towards a grassy area. Never did that on previous releases. So....as always, be careful with new releases...never assume it works like the last one

Btw2: after update the vehicle thought it was at Tesla HQ. It quickly changed once I started out of garage.

Last edited:
Got the update & used AP On a 4 hr drive. Blind spot works great. Havent seen the red light mode in action yet.

Btw: Had a hiccup on a well defined local road in which my X abruptly steered right heading a grassy area. Never did that on previous releases. So....as always, be careful with new releases...never assume it works like the last one

Btw2: after update the vehicle thought it was at Tesla HQ. It quickly changed once I started out of garage.
Had the GPS reset error when I loaded 2019.5.15 also. As soon as it saw the satellites, it was fine. There has to be some coding settings that aren’t being verified that are wrong in these releases. No reason for things like this and the charging issues (1% vs 3%) to suddenly show up..

Range Rovers have had dynamic brake lights in the US for years. My 2014 Range Rover Sport has it.

But is the dynamic feature on all of the brake lights or just the center one? I see lots of cars flash the center brake light, but none flash the left/right ones. Maybe Tesla didn't design it such that they can flash the center light by itself.