Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just upgraded this morning from 2018.50.6 to 2019.8.4. Got sentry mode, dog mode. Didn't get advanced summon - still catching up on recent forum posts so not sure if I should have expected this on my X100D '17 AP2.5/MCU1 build. Not that I expected to use "snail mode" other than showing it off...

Just upgraded this morning from 2018.50.6 to 2019.8.4. Got sentry mode, dog mode. Didn't get advanced summon - still catching up on recent forum posts so not sure if I should have expected this on my X100D '17 AP2.5/MCU1 build. Not that I expected to use "snail mode" other than showing it off...

AFAIK, advanced summon is part of 2019.9.x. We're pretty much all champing at the bit except for the early access program folks. :)

Got the update as well (from 2018.50.7 IIRC). Anyone else notice Autosteer doing a much better job on curvy roads? I have two sections of hilly curves on my commute and although it's a bit scary, the car made it up/down without freaking out.

I am noticing two issues:

1. HPWC isn't opening my charge port. Have to go in the car and click open from the screen.

2. When someone or something is in the back seat, with no seatbelt on (usually a backpack) then the screen flickers over on the left of the driver screen and the exclamation light flashes on the large screen.

Reactions: Brave Ulysses
I have same issue at home hpwc gen 1 and today at a supercharger port won’t open with wand ..mine is 2018 p100 with mcu 1 :(
Ours has had this issue for quite some time. I have gotten use to waving the wand near the bottom, middle of the rear window, if all else fails, I use the remote to lock, unlock the doors. I have seen the wand stay locked because the charging system was being used as a shore power and it wasn't apparent by the color ring on the plug receptacle

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA

1. HPWC isn't opening my charge port. Have to go in the car and click open from the screen.

2. When someone or something is in the back seat, with no seatbelt on (usually a backpack) then the screen flickers over on the left of the driver screen and the exclamation light flashes on the large screen.

1. You can just press on the charge port door if key is nearby.

2. It is supposed to do that. Seatbelt use is mandatory. Do not place anything on the seat.

1. You can just press on the charge port door if key is nearby.

2. It is supposed to do that. Seatbelt use is mandatory. Do not place anything on the seat.

Neither of the above works -

With the key - I actually had it in my hand. With the update it does not work like before.

The seat - The point is that it used to show the symbol Now it flickers and flashes between the normal screen and the seatbelt one.

Neither of the above works -

With the key - I actually had it in my hand. With the update it does not work like before.

The seat - The point is that it used to show the symbol Now it flickers and flashes between the normal screen and the seatbelt one.

It is possible you have a problem with the fob. Did you try a long press on the trunk release portion of the fob? That is also supposed to pop the charge port (mainly needed when not using a Tesla charger). It is not at all surprising a feature changes with a software update. Changes in how features operate is the whole point of software updates. Although I have not noticed this particular problem with my car. You will need to contact Tesla if it continues. Not being able to open the charge port significantly affects your ability to operate the vehicle.

I still think the seat belt alarm is operating normally. It even tells you in the owners manual to not place heavy objects on the seat (I took "heavy" to mean anything heavier than a sweater).

It is possible you have a problem with the fob. Did you try a long press on the trunk release portion of the fob? That is also supposed to pop the charge port (mainly needed when not using a Tesla charger). It is not at all surprising a feature changes with a software update. Changes in how features operate is the whole point of software updates. Although I have not noticed this particular problem with my car. You will need to contact Tesla if it continues. Not being able to open the charge port significantly affects your ability to operate the vehicle.

I still think the seat belt alarm is operating normally. It even tells you in the owners manual to not place heavy objects on the seat (I took "heavy" to mean anything heavier than a sweater).

Possibly on the remote except I am hearing that other people are not able to open the charge port with the handle of the wall adapter since update. I actually have a service call today so they will be coming by my home to look at this for me (No SC near me).

On the seat - yes it is normal for it to show the warning....but not to flicker (almost like a short) while that warning is going on.....

Updated to 19.8.4 this morning on my HW2 MCU1 90D X.

The download file was about 1.5gb.

It looks like I just got dog mode, and the option to fold my side view mirrors in based on location (something I hadn’t noticed before).

Got 2019.8.3 two days ago. I have the same 2 issues with this update.

Last edited: