Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19.8.3 sentry mode, finally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
very excited, woke up to this will have to have a play today

288A6752-0CCB-40B9-AE42-221D8F2E2B2A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: DrMatt
I have been turning it in for the school run (where someone hit my car before) and in car parks while shopping. Just can’t have too much footage available these days.

Hopefully we’re get the emergency breaking that I saw on Teslarati like other cars do when you break hard and the hazards go on. Was suppose to be in this version but guess not?

when you break hard and the hazards go on

I've seen a video of that when following a BMW / similar. The Reality was that the STOP was so quick that the number of flashes was few and didn't really convey the message. I was expecting to be impressed, as it flashing brake lights during heavy braking seems such a sensible, obvious, thing ... but the reality was that it might not convey the information. If it only blinks a couple of times that might look like indecision on the brakes (I expect my car does that all the time as I "feather" AP regen when it will slow far more dramatically than required)

But I've probably only seen a couple of videos, and maybe from relatively slow speeds. AEB getting on the brakes before I even know there is a problem seems like a more reliable solution ... but of course I don't want the guy-behind then running into me :)

Just got my autopilot and I must say I'm slightly disappointed with it compared to my free trial.
it seems to speed up and slow down erratically not as smooth as I remember.
its as if it can't decide if it's too close or too far away from the car in front.plus braking for no reason it's almost embarrassing.i keep wondering if my brake lights are constantly coming on.
Definitely gone backwards from what I Remember.
Or is it my car. I'm on 2019.8.3

These issues have been around since mid/late last year, sadly seems to get worse with each update for me I think it all went down hill V9 onwards.

My car in EAP is very nervous, I accept that to a degree on narrow lanes but it happens on an normal motorway and as you said the location of the cars around us seems to be very unknown, I can see a car is plenty distance away in their lane but my car on the dash shows them on or over the white line which then triggers that to be the target car and slam on the breaks :(

My trust in EAP is less than it was when I got my car in September

My car in EAP is very nervous,

FWIW I'm not seeing that in AP1, not noticed any change of behaviour in a long time. It does occasional braking when it judges a gap is narrow (even thought similar gaps have not bothered it, to my eye at least), but other than that it just troggs along.

Not sure how much shared-code there is though, AP1 being MobileEye and AP2 being Tesla

I'm not seeing that on my HW2.5 S either to be honest...

Had too decent length journeys on the M1 right after installing 19.8.3 and AP was working just fine, no phantom braking, just smooth steady driving and lane changing.

I'd prefer the lane changes to be a bit quicker to respond still but it has improved over recent months.

Just got 19.8.4 this morning, will test it again later.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Just noticed you can enable sentry via the app which is cool if you forget.

E37F1E0E-7445-4415-B54A-45AD547A5212.jpeg

I’m curious though what types of alerts should I be getting on my phone when sentry is on?

I have the alarm alerts on but the other day I was testing sentry to the point I set my alarm off and nothing popped up on my phone

I’d expect one when the alarm goes off as I’ve seen that before when someone drove into my parked car and set it off but the release notes suggest an alert in sentry mode. Either way none of them happened when I tested it.