Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" black rims - chrome or black lug nuts...poll

Black or Chrome lug nuts?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just changed my wheels on my P100D to 19" black rims from my 21" silver rims that the car came with (which I am selling).....I didn't have black lug nuts so I used the same chrome lug nuts. I think I like them though more than I would like black.

Curious what the community thinks - black or chrome lug nuts? I personally like the way it surrounds the Tesla logo.
50e0afd480b109e64d382d2eaea545687292ee99-1.jpg

I've got black wheels on both of my Model S & I can say that you won't even notice them after about a month. I stressed on the first set & chose black. To me the wheels look kind of "heavy" all black but not bad. On the other car I went chrome & it breaks it up a little but doesn't draw attention away from the wheels. Flip a coin because you honestly can't go wrong. If it's the little plastic OEM covers just get both sets & change them with your mood. If it's the actual lug nut & say to be careful that the black ones are rugged enough of a coating and won't scratch/flake because then they look bad. Other than that, you almost literally couldn't be stressing a smaller aspect of how your car looks other than maybe license plate screws so the decision should a similar weight applied to it. Toss a coin, go with that & don't second guess it. Done.

I have black wheels on my truck with chrome lug nuts. I have some black lug covers but never installed them. The chrome on the lug nuts gives a nice contrast to the sea of black, and on your car they go with the chrome window surround and door handles.

I've got black wheels on both of my Model S & I can say that you won't even notice them after about a month. I stressed on the first set & chose black. To me the wheels look kind of "heavy" all black but not bad. On the other car I went chrome & it breaks it up a little but doesn't draw attention away from the wheels. Flip a coin because you honestly can't go wrong. If it's the little plastic OEM covers just get both sets & change them with your mood. If it's the actual lug nut & say to be careful that the black ones are rugged enough of a coating and won't scratch/flake because then they look bad. Other than that, you almost literally couldn't be stressing a smaller aspect of how your car looks other than maybe license plate screws so the decision should a similar weight applied to it. Toss a coin, go with that & don't second guess it. Done.
Here's the two cars I was talking about for a visual comparison.
Black:
20200802_153022.jpg

Chrome:
20200715_151006.jpg

I just changed my wheels on my P100D to 19" black rims from my 21" silver rims that the car came with (which I am selling).....I didn't have black lug nuts so I used the same chrome lug nuts. I think I like them though more than I would like black.

Curious what the community thinks - black or chrome lug nuts? I personally like the way it surrounds the Tesla logo.View attachment 607426
Im in NYC and just got my vin today. Had 2 previous S's. Always had 19's. Are you changing due to our wonderfully kept non pot hole streets? LOL