TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

19 Day Wait For A Service Center Appointment ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Cleo-n-Company, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Cleo-n-Company

Has anyone across the Tesla world ever had to wait 18 or 19 days for a service center appointment ? My brother's Model S has a charging issue which Tesla won't even have a mobile tech come to investigate. He lives in the Phoenix area - and the first available appointment was Nov 2 for the Tempe service center.

He's wondering if anyone has ever had any luck "moving up" in line - since he's (rightly) livid that he won't have wheels for close to 3 weeks. And who knows how long it will take for diagnosis and repair.

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Take it to the service center in person, assuming it can get there. They'll write a work order and generally do their best to "fit it in" and are usually good about prioritizing situations like this that result in the car being unusable.

• Like x 1
  3. Cleo-n-Company

Thanks for the suggestion - I'm hoping too they'll take pity on him because of that lengthy wait

4. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Active Member

I have to wait 21 days for my appointment. That being said. Tempe was great when my 12v died and I drove it in. They squeezed me in and I was on my way an hour and a half later.

when it comes to a drive ability issue or charging issue I’d either stop by and speak to them in person or call roadside. At some point that car won’t be able to drive if it can’t be charged.

5. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Active Member

Must be nice, I've had appointments take over 30-days on numerous occasions previously... mobile or at SC.

6. David.85D

David.85D Active Member

Can’t vouch for it, but others have posted that parts get prioritized for cars waiting at the service center. So, if leaving it is feasible (he has a spare car) that might also help if parts are an issue.

7. zecar

zecar Member

8. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

My Subaru dealer is perpetually booked 3 weeks out for scheduled service too. It’s not particularly rare.

But if you show up, or the car is towed there, or something else is seriously wrong, they fit you in.

9. TigerNinety

TigerNinety Member

I’ve got a 14-day wait for a possible coolant heater (what a strange idea) problem....